Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:26:08 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shifter getting stuck in park... solved!  (Read 45467 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »

See this thread, and check the fuse if thats not it its likely the switch that is talked about. I'm going to lock this thread after you have a chance to look at the other one respond here. I don't want to lock it down until i'm sure its the same issue.

http://elitecm.net/forums/index.php?topic=3241.15
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »

Go to the dealer and buy a new cruise control switch for the brake pedal.. That will take care of the problem of being stuck onin park and brake lights..this was one of my first problems I had after I got my accord.. Look for the switch right behind the brake pedal and replace it..it shoul'nt take you more than 20 mins to replace.

Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 11:02:12 PM »

Go to the dealer and buy a new cruise control switch for the brake pedal.. That will take care of the problem of being stuck onin park and brake lights..this was one of my first problems I had after I got my accord.. Look for the switch right behind the brake pedal and replace it..it shoul'nt take you more than 20 mins to replace.

I'm guessing number 7 is the switch?? http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=PEDAL also where exactly is it....and I'm going to go take a look at the fuse in the morning since I dnt have a garage n it's raining

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 07:00:55 AM »

The reason I referred you to the other thread is because its not always the switch! It is 7 though
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »

The reason I referred you to the other thread is because its not always the switch! It is 7 though

Ya I no, I just checked the fuse and its finecrazy thing though I walked into my car and I was able to move the shifter witout overiding n my brake lights r now working

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »

The brake switch is bad if your fuse is fine. Did you do a continuity test on the fuse or swap in a known good one? Obviously, fuses are cheaper and easier to replace. The brake switch is located on the brake pedal itself. It has a button on it that is actuated by the brake pedal arm.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »

It's also the switch going bad if it happens once in a while. It's under $10 just bite the bullet.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »

Word. Its a bit awkward to replace but it is a quick job.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

ok its all good now lol. Bought the part, changed it in like 10mins. I didn't realize i needed to turn it to lock the switch, but  Everything is good so far Thanks guys, mike u can go ahead and lock the thread
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:55:36 PM by Anthony212 » Logged

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

Glad we could help...
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »

Could be an electrical short somewhere.  Just sayin.  Not that I would know or anything...  Finger

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »

It's already fixed Dave lol...
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »

Topics merged.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »

Oh my god! Im so glad I found this thread!  My car just started doing this! I was stuck in a parking lot for 15 minutes the other day trying to get it out of park! No doubt i'll be checking out the cruise control...this place is awesome Smiley
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012