Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:28:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shifter getting stuck in park... solved!  (Read 45468 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »

You need a digital multi meter.  There is a continuity setting on it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »

If you don't have a DMM buying the switch will be cheaper.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

Good point.  If it doesn't work, you can always return it. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »

If it doesn't work, you can always return it. 

Returns kick ass.  Just be aware that some dealerships will give you crap for trying to return opened electronic parts.  I should know.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »

Majestic Honda just sucks in general when it comes to their customer service.  They are dicks about everything and keep shitty records.

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 12:23:55 AM »

Majestic Honda just sucks in general when it comes to their customer service.  They are dicks about everything and keep shitty records.

You can say that again.  You have no idea the headaches...

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »

Actually I do.  I will never give them my business ever again.  Bernardi Honda is a lot better, much closer, and friendlier.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »

I have never had these problems with Majestic. They have always treated me wonderfully
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »

Wait until you have a problem.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »

I've had several including a faulty switch when I had this particular issue they exchanged it for me with 0 problems.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »

I've had horrible experiences when I tried to get my clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty.  It took me a week to get a hold of them over the phone.  When they finally got around to replacing it, they sent me the wrong part.  Then they said that they had no record of me purchasing a clutch master cylinder from them.  They sent me a slave cylinder instead.  Maybe you've dealt with them in person, but their phone service was awful.  I will never buy anything from them ever again.  At least when I call Bernardi, they don't treat you like a complete piece of shit.

Anyway, back on topic.  Milan, have you replaced the switch yet?

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »

The Majestic Honda in Warwick tends to be a little better than the Majestic in Lincoln, RI.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

The Majestic Honda in Warwick tends to be a little better than the Majestic in Lincoln, RI.

But the parts cost more. I have them do all my work but, I buy the parts online pick them up and bring them to Warwick.
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »

Sup guys haven't been on in awhile, some crazy shit just happened to my car need help. I have an automatic, when I press on the brake to take the car out of park and into drive or reverse it wouldn't move. Usually you hear a click tat basically tells you the latch unhooked n your able to move the car out of park, but no click. So I had to use the override to put it into drive. Also my brake light aren't working, when I press on the brake the lights don't light up. The lights are on when my headlights are on. Would like some feedback, and I'm thinking maybe its a fuse. Ill take a closer look tomorrow since its downpouring outside, thanks!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »

I understand that you are under pressure, and this is why you posted your own thread but, this has been discussed before, and you left out alot of details. The year and trim of your car specifically.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012