Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:57:00 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shifter getting stuck in park... solved!  (Read 45473 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »

I don't remember it being called a cruise crontrol swtich.

Dave,
When you press on the brake do you hear a click? If not, that's your issue. There's a safety mechanisim in there so you have to press the brake to move the shifter. Like I said, I thought it was called something else, I could be wrong. GL
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:26 AM »

Your wrong! The click you here is from the cruise control/ stop switch it is disengaged when the brake is depressed, and is a super common problem in Accords.

Dave,

Do the lights come on when the switch is unplugged? If so the part they sold you may be faulty. If the light stay out with the switch unplugged I would check the wires going to it for power.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:01:21 AM by lavalleemike » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »

I'm going to wait to hear from Dave on this one.  If the fuse in the under hood fuse box is blown, his horn will also not work.  Either way, I have the service manual and the wiring diagram for this stuff.  I'm pretty sure we can figure it out once I get my eyes and a DMM on his car to check things out.  

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 12:18:05 PM »

Drinks Gay

So I was stressin all weekend, and this morning I had some time to test out Tim's theory.  I went into the car, and sure enough, the horn didn't work either.  So, I went under the hood and pulled fuse #13 (20A) and replaced it with one that I knew worked.  And WALLAH!  My horn works, my shifter disengages, and my brake lights work again!!  Apparently, all of these ill-effects (stuck shifter, no brake lights, no horn) were the result of a blown less than $1 fuse!  So, I will be going back to the dealership to return the brake switch that I don't need, and I'll pick up a new fuse somewhere for cheap.  I'm curious now to see if the fuse may have blown because I have some other underlying problem in my car, or could it just be attributed to the fact that the fuse is 7+ years old and nothing lasts forever?

As a side note, I want to really thank everyone who helped me with this issue.  This is the reason why ECM is the shiz and we are here to help.  You guys saved me more stress and lost money that I would have spent at the dealer for a fuse change!  Positive rep for everyone here who helped, but especially for Tim who got it right!  Thanks... I owe you weinas!

EDIT:  You gotta wait an hour between each rep vote... dumb!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:21:18 PM by striktlyaccord » Logged

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »

Dave I would keep that brake switch. The cost was less than $10, and alot of people have had to replace them. I'm assuming the design was a little different also?
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:08 PM »

As horrible as this sounds, I need the money and not extra parts in my house.  As for the design, it was exactly the same as the one that was already on my car... no change at all.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »

Hmmmm... The V6 one had some changes to it.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »

That's because the k24 pwns you Mike! Just playin'. But seriously.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed Dave. I can't believe it was something that simply retarded. Who would've thought?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »

Win!!

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »

Anyway, glad you got it fixed Dave. I can't believe it was something that simply retarded. Who would've thought?

I didn't, that's for sure.  But Tim did.  So schmaatt.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »

I can't believe it was something that simply retarded. Who would've thought?

I didn't, that's for sure.  But Tim did.  So schmaatt.

That's because I'm dumb enough to think of that simple shit. 

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »

Those be some choice words. I tend to overlook the simple shit.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

I tend to overTHINK the simple shit.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »

Dave, you tend to over think everything.

Tim
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 01:26:56 AM »

Dave, you tend to over think everything.

True... true.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012