Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:42:11 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmission Swap Advice  (Read 19288 times)
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

If it were me, the best way to complete the swap is to get a MT tranny, ecu, engine harness and all the other little bits. Mike said the wiring was the hardest part. I'm pretty sure that swapping the engine harness would be easier than rewriting the AT harness.

It was a long time ago and feels like eons, so my memory of the actual process of it feels nonexistent. It was a trial and error of what parts needed to be switched and what didn't.

If the old Gen7 forums were still around, I bet some of it was up there.

Ya I'm alive! I got to see Tim over the summer up here in NYC. Sorry I missed you guys at the meetup that Friday, but single life and interns come first!  Jaw Dropper!

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

The old gen7 forum was kind of around for a short bit. Thien pulled what he could before it finally disappeared. Its good to see you posting up in here. Too bad your CM is still down in FL while you're up here enjoying the single life. It'd be good if you pop in more often and share your knowledge with some of the guys that don't know the kind of things you've done. The more experience we have here, the better.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »

The old gen7 forum was kind of around for a short bit. Thien pulled what he could before it finally disappeared. Its good to see you posting up in here. Too bad your CM is still down in FL while you're up here enjoying the single life. It'd be good if you pop in more often and share your knowledge with some of the guys that don't know the kind of things you've done. The more experience we have here, the better.
Haha I really don't know anything, just the experience. Most of what I did was fueled by Skippy. I will be more active around here and would love to hang with any of the NYC people.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »

It's all good man. Either knowledge or experience work. It'd be cool to hang out. The NY guys do things. Oftentimes on the DL.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012