Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:53:02 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmission Swap Advice  (Read 19285 times)
ron v
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
ron v pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »

nice. Thanks for your replies. Let me do my research on labor cost as this is way over my head as far as installation. I will definitely be contacting you tomorrow.

As far as shipping. How much are we talking for the tranny?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »

I wish I could tell you the exact amount.  I'm guessing it will be around $150, but we won't know until it's packed and weighed.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 03:42:11 AM »

well...... looks like its the 6mt's time to be my next mod. couple nights ago, I completely lost 2nd gear driving regularly, was actually leaving a light . I've had it give me a hard time going into reverse and once in a while for 1st, and 2nd after a couple runs on the track....anyone know know where I can get a 6mt for a good price? same as the the type s clutch. thanks
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »

car-part.com
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 08:37:06 AM »

car-part.com like Mike said, or you can start hunting around on k20a.  You can pick up the k20 flywheel at any parts store like vato zone or advanced.  I'd suggest staying away from ACT clutches.  I had a ton of problems with mine, and I've also seen similar issues on other Accords.  I've been content with my competition clutch so far.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »

thanks guys, any recommendations on what year tranny I should look for?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

I'd say 04-05.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »

All CL9 trannys are the same. 04-08 is fine.

Tim
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

Hey everyone. I saw I got a PM from someone asking for the 5AT to 5MT tranny swap list. The short is that I don't have it anymore, or at least where I can easily access it. I live up in NYC and left my car in FL. I've debated selling it, but to be honest I put way too much blood, sweat and tears into it to actually do it.

Anyway, sob story complete. My advice is that if you're going to switch from auto to manual, don't. Buy a new car, seriously. This was Skip's advice going into it and if I didn't have a custom stereo blah blah, I would have gone that route. I know Skip helped someone in FL do hers (keeping them anonymous) and it was no easy task. Mine took 3 months of actual work and countless hours of research and literal pain before that. The total bill with labor and parts was approaching 8K if I remember right (this was 6 years ago so bear with me). It was a combination of A rated junkyard parts and we kept the AT ECU. You have to manually rewire much of the car, so that is the hardest part. Your speedo will also be off, but you get used to that.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »

MIKE YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »

Ugh, that shot my hopes a little of swapping my AT to a TSX 6spd Cry
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:12:56 AM by Arielit0oo » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »

MIKE YOU ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!
That's the exact thing I thought when I saw his post.

Ariel, you can hunt for deals man. Alex, k24low20z here and k24 on v6p, just did the 5 speed swap. He did his fairly cheap. I don't think it was anywhere near the price Mike paid for his.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »

Oh yeah, you're right Z! I forgot Alex did it. Yup, goal of swapping is back on lol. Hopefully I get this going by next season.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »

If it were me, the best way to complete the swap is to get a MT tranny, ecu, engine harness and all the other little bits. Mike said the wiring was the hardest part. I'm pretty sure that swapping the engine harness would be easier than rewriting the AT harness.

Tim
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »

Just reading the recent post makes that local sale of the complete TSX engine and 6MT look really attractive, but no monies. FML.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012