Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:57:23 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: one HID likes going out?  (Read 10854 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:22 AM »

Sounds like there is a short some where. I would look for some exposed wiring.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »

Sounds like there is a short some where. I would look for some exposed wiring.

I don't think that an issue cuz it's PNP and everything looked okay... I unplugged and replugged everything nice and snug. I'm gonna get new ballast from Alex today and see if thats the issue! Gould just be a cheap HID kit I got from ebay... (crossing my fingers)

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »

I obviously don't know about your set up to much... Maybe it's a ballast PNP doesn't mean much a wire could be rubbing on something some where and worn though its protetive coating. Try unhooking the ballast you suspect and turn on your lights if the fust still blows it's not the ballast.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 10:00:17 AM »

I would do something similar to what Mike suggested.  Disconnect the ballast and reconnect the stock halogen bulb.  If you are still blowing fuses, then it's not the HID kit you have, it's a problem with your wiring.  Usually, you blow fuses when there is too much current and the fuse blows to protect the device you're powering and to prevent your wire from burning.  I'm inclined to believe there is a short somewhere, as Mike suggested.  Whether it's your factory wiring, a wiring harness you may be using, or a bad ballast. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:01 AM »

I would do something similar to what Mike suggested.  Disconnect the ballast and reconnect the stock halogen bulb.  If you are still blowing fuses, then it's not the HID kit you have, it's a problem with your wiring.  Usually, you blow fuses when there is too much current and the fuse blows to protect the device you're powering and to prevent your wire from burning.  I'm inclined to believe there is a short somewhere, as Mike suggested.  Whether it's your factory wiring, a wiring harness you may be using, or a bad ballast.  

I was gonna actually disconnect everything and put the stock bulb and connection back in to check. I won't be able to do so until Wednesday though so I will be in touch with the thread lolz... Thanks for the feedback Mike and Tim.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »

Billy, you should have my number.  Text me if you need help.  I'll be in meetings all week, but I should be able to answer when I'm not busy.  If you want, you can PM me too, but I won't be online much this week.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »

The TTS hotline. I've used it before.  (Tim's Technical Support)

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »

Billy, you should have my number.  Text me if you need help.  I'll be in meetings all week, but I should be able to answer when I'm not busy.  If you want, you can PM me too, but I won't be online much this week.

Had in my old phone, never got transferred over like most of my numbers! I'll PM you mine and my BBM

The TTS hotline. I've used it before.  (Tim's Technical Support)

LmaoOoo....  Cheesy

...Hope I don't get charged per minute outside my plan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 08:43:53 PM »

Considering that I worked for the past 5 years in technical support for home theater systems and audio products, me helping you guys over the phone is no big deal.  The only difference is that I'm not getting paid, and I can tell you to fuck off and hang up if I want to.   Wink

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 02:14:32 AM »

check for over heating some hids like my 55w's come with a auto off feature when the hid ballast get too hot they shut down always mount in a cool location has happen in the past to me and i also had to swap my fuses to 30amp never happen again after that
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:18:48 AM by cna » Logged

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »

check for over heating some hids like my 55w's come with a auto off feature when the hid ballast get too hot they shut down always mount in a cool location has happen in the past to me and i also had to swap my fuses to 30amp never happen again after that
Not sure if it is a safe call swapping fuse for a larger amp...  question

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »

Definitely not. You may fry something other than a fuse as a result.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »

The purpose of a fuse is to protect your wiring.  If you're passing more current than a wire can handle, it will catch on fire.  You may want to rethink your set up Clemente.  I'd suggest using a relay harness if this is connected to your OEM headlight connectors.  If you are using a relay harness already, make sure that your wire is the proper gauge for it's length to handle that amount of current.

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »

Okay so disconnected the ballast and just hooked up the stock plug to a stock 9006 bulb and it works fine. Wiring still good, ballast not so good. Hopefully the new ones Alex's sent me come tomorrow since I'm off so I can install....

Just a thought... how come the headlights run on a 10amp fuse and the fogs on a 20amp fuse? I would think that the headlights require a larger fuse...?

My current mood: Happy as a mofo cuz it's not the wiring!  Smiley Cheesy Grin Wink

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »

Perhaps the relays used in the fogs require more current to operate?
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012