Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:18:52 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: one HID likes going out?  (Read 10855 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »

Hey guys, sometimes,but not a lot, my right HID doesn't turn on when I turn on my car or it flickers then turns off. Its all resolved when I turn em off and back on. Why is this happening?

Thanks Wink
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »

could you give us a little more into about your setup?

Are you running an aftermarket harness or are they plugged right into the headlight harness?

Steve - NECM #4

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »

+1 on what Steve said. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »

I have this issue too... I'm interested to here what you are running for a set up also.
nodrog321
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
nodrog321 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »

i had the same exact problem. my drivers side bulb goes on for about 2 seconds and turns off and works after the second time turning them on.

fixed the problem by installing a relay.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »

could you give us a little more into about your setup?

Are you running an aftermarket harness or are they plugged right into the headlight harness?
I'm pretty sure they're plugged right in the headlight harness
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »

I have relays d'OH
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »

I had this issue a few weeks after I did my Retro and installed my HID kit last summer. My setup consist of a relay and fuse coming from the power wire going to the battery. I use the driver side headlight power wire to trigger the relay, which in turn pulls power directly from the battery to the ballasts. (sorry for the rambling, but this is a typical relay harness setup). After checking the connectors, I found that the light that was flickering had a loose connector at the bulb. I pushed it back on securely and it's been fine ever since. I would start by at least checking all connections first. Hope this helps.

Rich
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »

thanks guys, ill check it out
Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »

+1 to what Rich said, first step is checking all the connections.

Mike, replace the relay. Every time I have problems where only one hid is lighting something has gone awry with the relay and replacing it fixes my problems. HOWEVER if replacing the relay doesn't fix your problems, try tightening all your grounds. I doubt if Tim installed the harness a ground is lose, but stranger things have happened...

Steve - NECM #4

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

The ground is to the battery terminal so I'd imigine it's good. Also all of my head lights run off the same ground and power wires. My assumption would be that if it were a wiring issue(or ground) it would effect all the lights.
Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

you are running a retrofit harness right? So you have a power wire running from your battery to a fuse then to a relay then you have 2 power wires running out of the relay to your ballasts correct?

I have a VERY similar setup, the only different is that i have a ground at each ballast connection as opposed to running them back to the neg battery terminal. Every time that I have had a problem with one light not working I have pulled my bumper, checked all the grounds and other connections and it has always ended up being the relay. My first time dealing with this problem I also thought it would have had to been the wiring or connection issue, but after tracing it was proved wrong.

I am not around this weekend, but next week/weekend if you want to come up we can take a look at this. I have a few spare relays kicking around that we can try swapping in to see if it corrects the problem.

Steve - NECM #4

jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

i had a problem with the connection and just replaced the bulbs and now they are working fine.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »

I have a spare relay. Tim built me a custom harness where each light uses an individual realy (both high and low beam) I'll try swapping out the relay, and switching the bulb around. DDM owes me a set of bulbs any way which they should be shipping out soon that I can try also.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:22 AM »

Okay so im having a similiar issue, my right headlight went out on me and after trouble shooting I found the fuse in the engine compartment was blown, I replaced and it blew again... I tried replacing the fuse once more after checking all my connection were good and it blew for a third time. Could it be a bad ballast?

EDIT:
I swapped out bulbs to make sure that wasn't the problem as well... Forgot to mention that I have a PNP hid kit.

Ayyee if it's not one thing it's another!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:39:17 AM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012