Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:22:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little issue this morning on the way to work  (Read 21721 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »

Oh, well now that poses a slightly larger problem, lol. If the headlights are dimming, maybe you're having problems with the alternator. Or even, your serpentine belt is slipping maybe. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. Seems like if you brake, and the car keeps moving, maybe the belt is slipping when you brake, which pretty much means that the engine is no longer powering those accessories, and during that short time period, the lessened drag is able to give the car a little more power, because the only thing that's being forcefully spun is just the crank pulley.

It sounds logical, but I don't know if it'll apply to your problem or not. It'd only take a couple minutes to take a look at the status of your serpentine belt.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »

Serpetine belt has less than 5k but, I will have a look I'm going to update the OP with all of the symptoms/ discoveries thus far.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:29 AM »

I have kind of had similar "issues" like this for a while now as well.  If you start the car and throw it in drive before you give it time to warm up (especially on cold days), the car will remain at a high idle for a few minutes and you can seriously reach like 15-20mph without even touching the gas pedal because the car just wants to go.  I always associated it with the engine still warming up and dumping fuel through the lines, so the car feels like it's driving on it's own.  Dimming headlights have always been an isue too.  My headlights dim when I lay off the gas, and then get brighter when I get on the gas.  Hell, even my power steering seems to work less when I'm just stationary.  I guess it's the alternator not getting as much juice that causes the lights to dim... even with the A'pexi ground kit I have.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 07:01:44 AM »

My car is going to Majestic Honda for diagnosis tomorrow. The transmission shop isn't will to admit that the transmission is the problem so my next logical step is to provide them with some proof. I'll let you guys know my results.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »

Boy I hope it's not your tranny Mike

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:26 AM »

Well, the good thing is he has a warranty on the tranny if it is that. So no more money being shelled out. Let us know how it goes Mike.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"
Boy I hope it's not your tranny Mike

I hope it is that way it gets fixed for free!!!! I've spoken to Paul and, he's confident that is what the problem is. I 100% take his word hence i'm so cofident that is the issue. I just need something on paper to motivate this guy to fix it. You know how people are.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

Well Majestic did a full diagnostic check of the car, and gave me a deal $52 instead of $90. The told me that may issue was transmission related, and I brought it into the tranny shop that rebuilt it, and i'm awaiting a call in the morning.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »

I hope the tranny shop reimburses you the $52 that you paid to have it diagnosed since you went to the tranny shop first.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 06:28:09 AM »

They did actually. Still waiting to hear from them this morning. After reading the warranty in full something’s are not covered (basically electronics) but, I'll wait until I hear from them to pass judgment.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »

I knew it had to be the tranny. Majestic couldn't pin point exactly the issue? Like if it was electronics related?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »

It's Hondas policy that they don't rebuild transmissions or change parts on them. They just change the whole transmission other wise I would have had them do the work in the first place. Still waiting for a call.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »

"It looks like a stuck 1st solenoid call me around 2 and we will see if we can get you out of here today."
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »

Let's hope it all works out...

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »

God I hope so!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012