Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:33:51 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Pascal  (Read 60132 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »

Thank you! Well, the fluid got all over the wheel well and didn't have time to clean it up. Anyway it will get even dirtier than this during winter. Still got a exhaust leak to figure out so I'll do a clean up at the same time Wink

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »

Welcome dude!!! Enjoy your stay at ECM  Wink ...damn you put in a lot of work into your CM. Can't wait to see you enjoying it by modding it  Grin

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »

Thanks, still got a lot to do xD by the Time i'll be done, it Will be a brand new car xD

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 09:31:10 PM »

Okay ! Had a knock sensor check engine code, bought a new one, realized my hand were too big to get to the sensor tu unplug it and remove it. So, I removed the intake manifold to make myself some room.

Then, SURPRISE !!!!!

HUGE oil/dirt/carbon build up!
For now I put everything back to its place, i'll remove everything again another day and will clean the EGR and PCV valve.

Maybe a Stuck-open PCV and/or EGR valve be a part of the reason why my car burns that much oil.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »

Okay, so I decided to change the valve cover gasket since it was slightly leaking and I was curious about how the exhaust cams would look like. Turns out they aren't as bad as I thought ! One has a rough end and another a small chip but overall the valvetrain is still in quite good shape !

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »

Today I also got my Ktuner ECU to run the tsx engine!  Grin

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

Good job, definitely get some carb cleaner to that IM, PCV n EGR. Had to do the same to mine recently when changing the plug stem seals and valve cover gaskets. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pull the runners and clean them also.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »

You should probably replace your exhaust cam. Even though you think it's not that bad, it really is.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »

I am in the process of changing the engine, I don't see the necessity of changing the camshaft.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »

Ohh yeah. I forgot about that. Well then, run that fucker into the ground.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »

Just bought a hfp replica lip for 40$ pretty happy with it for the price.
Only test fitted it for now but seems to fit pretty good   Smiley

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »

This weekend, I decided to remove my complete intake system to clean all the dirt/oil/carbon mix in there.
While I was at it, decided to record the job, so enjoy !

(BTW my car runs really better, especially in low rpm and less than 1/2 throttle. Feels like there is more torque than before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WFsuzHU2Rw

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »

Good job. I'm sure that cleaning everything helped a lot. A proper catch can from your PCV should help reduce carbon build up too.

Post the video with some basic instructions and tools/materials used in a new thread. It's definitely sticky material.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »

Yes, I can do that. might not be today but I'll try to remember to do it !

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

You may want to look away from the eBay catch cans. Mine started rusting or something on the inside. When I drained it, there were small brown flakes coming out all over the place. Definitely didn't want that going back into the engine, so I removed it.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012