Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:49:09 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 141648 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »

Quote from: "JLAV6"
Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Fog lights are illegal in MA, and RI for that matter if there is not present weather conditions. I got a ticket for it about 7 years ago, and tried to fight it. Major fail in MA court.

What happen??

well considering its not a nice day out today, visibility was low... which makes sense for me to turn on fog lights. He even said it... your the only one i pulled over for fog lights. Do you think I should file a complaint?

Don't waste your time with a complaint. I was driving down an extremely dark road, and one of my headlights was out so I used my fogs to provide a little extra visibility. They were after market and super bright probably not aimed right and the officer was probably in a bad mood so he wrote me a ticket.
JLAV6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JLAV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
if you didn't get a ticket or a fine....HELL FUCK NO!

i got a citation... not a fine. not sure how it works...
JLAV6
Fucking Newb

JLAV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"
Don't think it hurts too much. On the other hand, are those retro'd inside inspire housings or just projectors on OEM garnish?

projectors on OEM garnish
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Fog lights are illegal in MA, and RI for that matter if there is not present weather conditions. I got a ticket for it about 7 years ago, and tried to fight it. Major fail in MA court.

This man is correct.  It is illegal to drive with your fog lights on unless the weather is poor (rain, fog, snow) in MA.  Different states have different laws.  It is a law that is rarely enforced, but cops can use it as a reason to pull people over so they can try and catch them with something else.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »

i think its illegal to drive with foglights on without having headlights on. but yours seem to be aimed poorly. it needs to aim straight horizontaly, yours are almost high beams

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »

When I asked the police officer who pulled me over for my fog lights, he explained that it is illegal to have your fog lights on because they are an auxiliary light and it is the equivalent to driving around with your high beams on.  I don't think that driving around with fog lights on only (no headlights) is illegal.  You may have noticed that the current MDX and RDX have DRL's in their fog lights.  Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, it's a law that the police don't enforce strictly.  Kind of like how the passing lane on the freeway is supposed to be for passing only, and they want you to use your turn signal whenever you change lanes or make a turn.  :roll:   Either way, if your fog lights are on and a cop wants to pull you over, it's their excuse to do that.  I have been driving in MA for 8 years and was only pulled over once for having my fog lights on.  It was by a townie cop in a city where the police are known for making stops and ticketing people for minor stuff.  In short, they're assholes.  FWIW, I still drive around with my fog lights on all the time.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »

you have to crack out your lens for a blazer retro and replace it with lexan.  I am the guy from Drive Accord who did an ES300 retro and I went about it wrong.  I am going to do a blazer retro this summer, but just purchased a blazer retro from a guy (it ends up i like yellow output, but not yellow lens).  PM for more details if you need.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »

Customlightz seems to have pretty good rates on fog retros. http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_150&sN ... -retrofits

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »

Dope!  Bjorn retrofits 2nd Gen TL fogs!!  Now I have an option for my new fogs.

Tim
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »

i did one with some Valeo D2S hid projectors. since these pictures i've taken the step out of the cut off for a flat cut off, painted everything flat black, re aligned the drivers side projector, and heat formed lexan covers for them. the lexan has messed up the output slightly but it still works like a charm! paired with rx330 projector headlights...amazing output lol

Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

I'm taking a guess and saying this thread would go here lol, anyway the other night I was driving around and all of a sudden smelled like burning rubber (I new it had to be like a electrical problem or something like that) near my fog light switch which is where the alarm is on the left, then I noticed my fog lights were off. I tried turning them on but nothing work and the smell lingered for a good 5 mins and disappeared. Now theres no smell anymore and my fog lights don't work anaymore  :cry: . Ahhh I figured it could be my wiring harness that just completely fried, but i really don't know. Any input guys??

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »

Well, firstly check behind the switch. Pull the part out yadda yadda, same way you got it in lol.

Second, did you do the splicing method to get them to turn on while your parking lights are on?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"
Well, firstly check behind the switch. Pull the part out yadda yadda, same way you got it in lol.

Second, did you do the splicing method to get them to turn on while your parking lights are on?

Well lol I didn't do the wiring and all that crap just went to a shop for that, so i got no clue how to get behind there. Second, they go on only when my signals are on so yes. Everything else works, just gotta figure a way to get behind there could just be a wire for all i no lol

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

I'd try to find what was causing the burning smell first.

Tim
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:46 PM »

why not just take it back to the shop who did the job and let them find out...shit you paid for it to be installed right

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012