Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:02:31 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Answer me this...(front lip spoiler)  (Read 10940 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »

As an update, I received this e-mail from Honda Parts Cheap in reply to my request for some pics of the "scratched" out-of-box front lip that they have left.  It read:

"hello
   sorry it took so long to get the pictures out to you .this spoiler is in great shape. there are 2 scratches on the driverside of them .. with a little touch up paint or even just a good buffing you wont even notice them .. i came up with a crazy deal for you $201.95 out the door.
$100. for the spoiler    the website price with 28% off is  $212.00   list price is $295.00
$3.95 handling fee
$98.00 shipping
let me know what you think

Customer Service,

HondaPartsCheap.com"

The problem is that the scratches are, in my opinion, pretty bad.  Here's the pics they sent me:

What do you guys think?  I also thought that the product # should end in "131", but on their box it says "130"...?

LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:41 AM »

cheaphondaparts.com couldn't get the gp colored one? That's unusual since they told me 3 weeks ago that they had a few in their warehouses. No, im not lying to you about their shipping being that much, surprised me too. Took forever to get to me but i didn't fret over that.

Get one of the PA members to get it for you price-matched, then ship it to you.

Majestic sucks in terms of sourcing parts, and customer service. They told me that they couldn't get my hybrid mirrors until mid to late April. I got my local dealer to price match them and got the babies in 3 days, no shipping costs either.

Per your last post: The scratches are not deep at all, and should come out easily. But not for that price. Get them down more by telling them that cheaphondaparts.com could get you a new one for 219.00 shipped. Why should you settle for a used one for that much.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »

Quote from: "The_bear00"
cheaphondaparts.com couldn't get the gp colored one? That's unusual since they told me 3 weeks ago that they had a few in their warehouses. No, im not lying to you about their shipping being that much, surprised me too. Took forever to get to me but i didn't fret over that.

Get one of the PA members to get it for you price-matched, then ship it to you.

Majestic sucks in terms of sourcing parts, and customer service. They told me that they couldn't get my hybrid mirrors until mid to late April. I got my local dealer to price match them and got the babies in 3 days, no shipping costs either.

Per your last post: The scratches are not deep at all, and should come out easily. But not for that price. Get them down more by telling them that cheaphondaparts.com could get you a new one for 219.00 shipped. Why should you settle for a used one for that much.

Guess not... chp.com just told me that they didn't have one.  I didn't really ask if they could search hard for me.  I know I could ask somebody in PA to grab the lip for me, but then they'd have to ship it as a non-business, and it'd prolly be expensive.  And yes, Majestic sucks... I called 16 places looking for this lip, and Majestic by far had the worst service.  Can't believe I even bought my car from them.  Unfortunately, the scratches would annoy the hell outta me.  And chp.com would actually come out to $250 shipped, not $219 shipped, so I asked this place to price-match Majestic Honda, but they wrote me back and did some weird formula that showed that they're selling price is still cheaper than Majestic in the end.  And the lip isn't technically used; it's just "out of box" and got scratched somehow... off the car.

Actually, you're in PA.  Get my lip lol!

LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »

I actually wouldnt mind getting it for you, but im in the middle of nowhere (PennState University Park=center of PA) Ill be home in a week and i can go see if they can give it to me price matched, then i would just ship it through my buddies shop :) but i gotta get back to philly first....

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 12:51:28 AM »

Quote from: "The_bear00"
I actually wouldnt mind getting it for you, but im in the middle of nowhere (PennState University Park=center of PA) Ill be home in a week and i can go see if they can give it to me price matched, then i would just ship it through my buddies shop :) but i gotta get back to philly first....

That would help greatly if you could do that!  Marty Sussman Honda is in Roslyn btw... dunno how far that is from you.  I'd much rather buy a new oem lip than a slightly imperfect one.  Let me know what you can work out.  My shipping zip code is 02904.

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 04:24:49 PM »

Dave, why don't you find out how much to get the lip you got now painted over? Might save you the trouble and money trying to find ya color and shipping woes.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

ibcnunv

ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »

For real!!!  How bad is it now?  Can it be fixed by a shop?

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:01:04 AM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Dave, why don't you find out how much to get the lip you got now painted over? Might save you the trouble and money trying to find ya color and shipping woes.

I have yet to get a reliable quote to fix and repaint my current lip, but I just imagine that it'll be close to the cost of getting a new one.  It's slightly banged up.  What's pushing me more to try and get a second one is the fact that as time goes on, these discontinued lips are gonna get even harder to find, so I might as well stock up and own two just in case one gets damaged beyond repair.  Thinkin ahead.   :)

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »

Well that sucks that it's getting discontinued. Maybe I should stock up on a set too lol

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 12:56:41 AM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Well that sucks that it's getting discontinued. Maybe I should stock up on a set too lol

Actually, they're already discontinued, so yeh, if you can get another one now, do it.  Your color should be a lot easier to find than mine too.  It's mostly the graphite pearls that are out of stock.

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »

i fixed mine when i got my lip kit used. you almost cant see it so i dont mind

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 01:55:44 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
i fixed mine when i got my lip kit used. you almost cant see it so i dont mind

What was wrong with it, and what did you do to "fix" it?

Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012