Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:32:45 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Answer me this...(front lip spoiler)  (Read 10939 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2009, 02:42:57 PM »

So, I'm calling around to a ton of Honda dealers and Honda parts sites searching for a replacement front lip for the 2003 sedan.  As we all know by now, some of the colors (such a gp) are discontinued, but some aren't.  So, I'm getting some prices, but why is it that some of the dealerships are giving me shipping quotes for the lip of over $100, while the other "parts sites" are telling me that shipping is like $25 flat.  They blowin smoke here?

And side question - One guy told me that the lip for the 2003 model is different from the 2004 model.  Aren't the front bumpers all the same for the 03, 04, & 05?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:21:14 PM by striktlyaccord » Logged

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »

The lips are the same I ordered an 05 lip for my 03 coupe. Also when you look on the parts sites after you place your order they will call you with an adjusted shipping price. If you go through majestic email them, and you can go and pick it up and avoid the shiping all together. That's what I did when I got mine.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »

how much are these lips? and do they come painted?

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »

They do come painted in most colors, and prices range I think at mejestic(local to me) the front and rear are 235 or so.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »

Yeh Mike I figured that the front bumpers had to be the same for all 3 years, and I also have ordered stuff and picked it up from Majestic plenty of times.  Saves a ton on shipping, but you just gotta eat the sales tax.

So, after calling around to a TON of dealerships and parts sites, the graphite pearl is def. discontinued, so there's always the option of getting another color and painting it.  BUT, I did find a few random places that had them in graphite pearl!!  There's drawbacks, though.  A dealer in PA has one, but refuses to ship.  A dealer in GA has one but wants $125 for shipping.  A dealer in FL has one too, and gave me a strangely low shipping price, but for some reason I need a fax machine to sign an invoice or something beforehand... odd.  Additionally, http://www.hondapartscheap.com has one in stock and are willing to let it go for an okay price + high shipping, but it's been out of a box for awhile and has two "minor" scuffs on it, so it's slightly "used".  So, what do people think?  Would the cheapest route be:

1.  Buy a new one in another color and get it painted
2.  Get my current one fixed (slight damage) and then repainted
3.  Try to strike a deal on a graphite pearl one from a dealership

Kinda torn on what my smartest option financially would be.  But, since they're discontinued, it couldn't hurt to have two :).

JLAV6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JLAV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:54:34 AM »

Hey Dave, its John. still remember me from the 8/30 meet last yr outside Tims place?

well anyway.. i was hunting down a 03-05 sedan front lip in graphite too. i found those same dealerships but they are charging like crazy amounts (part+ shipping) for a front lip. i think your best option is probably getting one in another color and getting it painted. Do you know any good places to get it painted?? If so, let me know too cuz im in the market for one too. =D

FYI, LYNNWOOD HONDA...................  W.A. also have 1 graphite pearl in stock the last time i check. $295 + ?? shipping.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »

Quote from: "JLAV6"
Hey Dave, its John. still remember me from the 8/30 meet last yr outside Tims place?

well anyway.. i was hunting down a 03-05 sedan front lip in graphite too. i found those same dealerships but they are charging like crazy amounts (part+ shipping) for a front lip. i think your best option is probably getting one in another color and getting it painted. Do you know any good places to get it painted?? If so, let me know too cuz im in the market for one too. =D

FYI, LYNNWOOD HONDA...................  W.A. also have 1 graphite pearl in stock the last time i check. $295 + ?? shipping.

Hey John, I assume any good body shop can paint an item like this.  It's not a surprise that there's a few gp lips lying around at random dealerships, but that they're charging full price plus crazy shipping for them.  Now, the guy at hondapartscheap.com (South Bay Honda) is willing to get the "out of box" lip to me for right around $200 shipped, so I'm torn...

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »

Ask the guy at hondapartscheap to send you some photos. The paint work for a lip shouldn't be to much but, the paint may not match exactly withour having it blended.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »

handa-accessories.com is selling brand new 03 sedan lips for $168

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext03.html
JLAV6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JLAV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 01:36:50 AM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
handa-accessories.com is selling brand new 03 sedan lips for $168

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext03.html

shipping is crazy tho.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »

Shipping these items really isn't that outrageous. I think any one that has bought one can attest to the size of the box! It's huge!!!
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:33:37 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Ask the guy at hondapartscheap to send you some photos. The paint work for a lip shouldn't be to much but, the paint may not match exactly withour having it blended.

Yeh I'm in the process of trying to get some pics.  I'm weary of "final sale" items.

Quote from: "JLAV6"
shipping is crazy tho.

Yeh, HandA has only certain colors, but the shipping IS HIGH.  Over $100 to ship to my area.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »

I know you probably all over this but, If you do by the Final Sale one make damn sure they ship it with insurance for the full purchase price at least that way if it get's messed up you will have some recourse.
LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »

There's a dealer called Sussman Honda in Abington,PA that has a few gp sedan and coupe lips available. The prices vary, BUT they are known to price match online stores. (Should be your last resort if the latter choices fail)

Try these guys, when i was looking for a rear lip, these guys could get it for $230 and shipping was $25 flat.
http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/cart.php
http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/products.php?cat=134&pg=2

Call them, then send them the price from majestic honda found here.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/spaccessories.jsp?hidmodel=Accord&hidyear=2005&hidtype=Y&hidrm=&hidsku=08F01-SDA-131

The lip tab should be highlighted in red saying front under spoiler(sedan) Graphite Pearl at $197.65

They will price match, then ship with insurance. Thats how i got my rear coupe lip in gp, when bernardi and majestic were telling me its discontinued.

Hope this helped you much

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »

Quote from: "The_bear00"
There's a dealer called Sussman Honda in Abington,PA that has a few gp sedan and coupe lips available. The prices vary, BUT they are known to price match online stores. (Should be your last resort if the latter choices fail)

Try these guys, when i was looking for a rear lip, these guys could get it for $230 and shipping was $25 flat.
http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/cart.php
http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/products.php?cat=134&pg=2

Call them, then send them the price from majestic honda found here.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/spaccessories.jsp?hidmodel=Accord&hidyear=2005&hidtype=Y&hidrm=&hidsku=08F01-SDA-131

The lip tab should be highlighted in red saying front under spoiler(sedan) Graphite Pearl at $197.65

They will price match, then ship with insurance. Thats how i got my rear coupe lip in gp, when bernardi and majestic were telling me its discontinued.

Hope this helped you much

Hey, thanks for all the useful info, but where to begin... I actually talked to Marti Sussman Honda in PA last week, and they told me that they had a graphite pearl lip, BUT they wanted $367.50 for it, and they refuse to ship!  I didn't even ask about price-matching once they told me that they wouldn't ship it.  I also talked to the guys at http://www.cheaphondaparts.com.  They also told me that the price was $230 and that shipping was $19.95.  I really didn't believe them, but if you're saying that you paid $25 flat in shipping for yours, than maybe they're telling the truth.  Problem is, though, that they don't have any graphite pearl ones, so no point in price-matching them either.  It sucks that I live ten minutes away from Majestic Honda, the dealer that has the best prices period, but they fuckin never have anything in stock, and they have the worst customer service hands-down.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012