Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:27:15 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some input  (Read 2140 times)
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »

Guys,
Need some input.  I came across some BBS RK's for a reasonable price that have been build specifically for the camry so bore, offset, etc is a perfect fit.  3 have tires, 1 does not.  I found out today that the one without a tire has been bent and repaired.  The inner lip was bent and a shop had to reform the inner edge that seals against the tire bead.  Rim appears round, thats the best I can tell.  I have no idea if this is a red flag, or what constitutes a quality repair job.  Nor can I confirm whether the rim in question even holds air.  Seems to me I need to step away from the deal and continue my search.  Any of you have experience with bent rims and can offer any insight for me.  Thanks in advance.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

Will the guy let you take the wheel to a tire shop to verify that it’s good? If he wants to sell them I don’t see why he’d back down unless he knows it’s fubar. Hows the wheel look where it was repaired? General rule of thumb on wheel repair – The repair is only as good as the tech doing the work. Does he know where it was fixed it?

- Man of many questions
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:44:09 AM »

What he said.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:33:56 AM »

Yeah.  I'd do what Jer said also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012