Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:40:37 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rays lug nuts on oem 16's  (Read 2622 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:41:40 AM »

i got some rays lug nuts used for a decent price. i was told that they would warp my oem wheels. can i use them on my oem rims?

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Yes, you can. I have them on my TL Type S rims, and I swap them out every season. I have not seen any damages caused by the Rays lug nuts on my TL Type S rims.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:23:58 PM »

Quote from: "fabulous010"
i got some rays lug nuts used for a decent price. i was told that they would warp my oem wheels. can i use them on my oem rims?

i dont think you can. i dont know about warping wheels but problem is that aftermarket lug nuts are cone seating and honda oem wheels use ball seating lug nuts. so surface contact of lugs with wheels will not be good as oem lug nuts

lug nuts will fit, its just safety issue

im sure Thien knows more then i do

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

What Misha describe is correct. The cone seated lug nuts would be able to seat on the ball seated wheels, but if you were to leave for a long period of time, it can cause damage to your wheels. If you swap back and forth from winter to summer wheels, you should be OK for the cone seated lug nuts to not cause any damages. My Rays lug nuts seats just fine on my TL Type S rims, and I have had it like that for a years time period. (Swapping back from winter to summer) It looks like the Rays lug nuts has not cause any damages to the lug holes. I only advise if you are doing this to mainly stick with aftermarket wheels that uses a cone seated lug nut. If you plan on using them on OEM Honda wheels, I suggest that you use what Honda calls for which is the ball seated lug nut.

You can use the cone seated on the ball seated lug nut. You have to make sure that they torqued down to Honda's specification. Which is 80 ft lbs.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »

question is why would you use expenvice lug nuts on 16" oem wheels? its like "brothers" putting dubs on POS cars that cost less then one rim. for your safety stick with oem lug nuts for oem wheels and rays for aftermarket wheels

by the way i had problem with aftermarket lug nuts. had to replace 4-5 wheel studs, mainly couse assholes at wheel shop did it with air tools.

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »

thats what im worried about. my oem 16's use a ball seat lug nut. and the rays are cone seat lug nuts. im grabbing them for a good price. my oems are painted black so it would look good with black lugs. i guess i will just save them for my summer aftermarket wheels that require cone seat lugs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012