Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:16:48 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about radiator cap  (Read 2161 times)
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »

So I bought a radiator cap from skizot last week and when I went to put it on I noticed there was a number, 1.35 (I think). The number on my stock radiator cap says 1.1. So my question is, should I not use this new cap since it has a different number on it? I'm guessing that it has some sort of significance and I probably shouldn't mess with it, or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
(I have an 05 Accord sedan 2.4L, I think Scott has a v6)

What do you think?

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

1.3 is for track only I believe? IT just means it takes more pressure before it starts to leak out or something. Correct me if I am wrong.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »

the 1.3 indicates the pressure will be at 1.3bars. The more pressure there is the higher the boiling point will be and in theory will allow you to run your car harder with less chance of overheating.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »

Quote from: "neoryan7"
the 1.3 indicates the pressure will be at 1.3bars. The more pressure there is the higher the boiling point will be and in theory will allow you to run your car harder with less chance of overheating.

That sounds like what I was thinking but couldn't quite come up with the words at the time. I'd also like to add that it won't really negatively affect how your car behaves. I had a higher pressure Spoon cap in my DA and never really noticed a difference in how the car performed or in coolant temps. At the time, it was mostly for bling factor. I didn't track my car even though it was fully capable.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »

Using a cap with a higher pressure will be find if you don't have another problem but, if for some reason your car over heats rather than the cap releasing at the stock pressure it will build to the amount on the new cap before releasing.
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:58:07 PM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so you got the cap ahaaahahha iwas trying to get it too

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Pages: [1]   Go Up