Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:32:05 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ticket advice (MA ticket)  (Read 3203 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »

my girl just got a ticket while in Cape Cod, MA. she said the cop just walked right up, asked for her info, went back to car and came back with the ticket. didnt even give her a second to even explain herself or anything.

she got a ticket for going 55 in a 40 which she didnt even see a speed limit sign. even on the ticket itself it shows that there isn't a posted speed limit sign

here's the dilemma though:
she comes home tonight so there's no way she can fight this.

does MA offer traffic school online as well as being able to pay the ticket online? because i dont think she can get any points on her license.

i don't know crap about how MA driving law works and what not so for those of you who live up state if there is anything that would help us, please let me know.

i also noticed that he didnt even have her sign it so is this even a valid ticket? 99% of florida tickets are printed out from their laptops in the car unless its a biker cop who has to physically write down the information

thanks

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »

Usually, that info is on the ticket.  MA is an ass backwards state for driving.  This might help:

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/express/instr_cit.htm

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »

i'll have to look at it later. we just want to know if driving school is an option to avoid the points. she has no problem with paying the actual ticket

for sale!
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »

I would check your state laws.  Some states don't transfer points over if you get a ticket in another state.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »

I never actually paid my tickets in MA until the last minute before I moved out of the state.  For years, I would drive around and not have any problems.  My insurance rates never changed either.  I think it also depends on the relationship that your state has with the state you get a ticket in.  I know some states work with each other, but most states tell each other to GFY.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »

i found my answer on the FLORIDA dmv website. no matter what state you get it in, you accrue 3 points for speeding against your license and (obviously) since it's not a florida ticket you CANNOT take a florida drivin course to get rid of the points. sucks but lesson learned on her part from now on!

for sale!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »

To bad you live so far away. I have a feeling if you went to court for that you could get off...

A. I didn't know the speed limit
B. I never received the ticket.... No signature means no acknowledgement of accepting it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012