Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:45:28 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: factory nav did something strange today!  (Read 4910 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »

factory nav did something strange today!

so when i left my house today for work i started up my car as normal and the honda navigation booted up...but then after about 20 seconds or so it said "navigation disc read error - please contact your dealer". so i was like wtf!? (never happened before). i shut the car off waited a few mins. started car up again and it did the same exact thing so i was already mad and just drove off to work...then on the way to work (about 10 min later) the black screen with yellow writing popped up and then about 10 seconds later the OK button came on. i hit OK and it showed that i was on the road i was on. ive started my car a few other times from moving it at work and getting lunch and it never did it...any idea what all that was about???

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:25:49 PM »

Could be that your navigation DVD is dirty or something... You'll see the disc tray box thingy mounted in your trunk. Eject it and see if there's any scratches or anything out of the norm, although I don't see how that could happen, since those DVDs never usually leave the tray, lol.

Fenix

Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:34 AM »

Ive had this happen to me before, not with my nav but with the dvd player. Usually happens when theres dust on the lense. Get one of those lense cleaners, there cheap. Although i dont know if it will work on the stock navi

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »

I wounldn't do anything unless this happens again. It could just be that the laser didn't position it self correctly the last time you shut your car off, and it corrected the problem itself.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »

I wouldn't use a lens cleaner disc.  Those things have brushes on them and the bristles come loose and can get lodged in the drive mechanism.  If you really want to clean  it, use compressed air.  If it's not happening, I'd just wait.  It could have just been a SW glitch.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »

it hasn't done it since. maybe just a weird fluke lol.

for sale!
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »

so my nav hasn't stopped doing it for the past 2 days. i gutted out my trunk in order to get to the dvd rom today. i cleaned the disc. put it back in and still errors. i reset battery. still error. i even unplugged the whole dvd rom unit, let sit for a good 30 mins. plugged everything in. on my way home it worked for a good 10 mins then right when i got off I95 it flashed and gave me the error again. i called up Honda earlier today and talked to a tech and he said he could get me in but the min. charge would be $92.50 which could be applied towards parts and i said maybe. but after thinking about it i realized, they might blame my tvandnav2go piece and/or my aftermarket set-up up front and not even bother looking at it. i honestly dont use my nav a lot but it is nice to have. the main thing i use my screen for is my dvd player or rear cam.......

(now instead of hitting the OK button and then get my dvd going, i have to hit the XM button so the factory display is displaying something then i hit the toggle switch for nav2go piece and it will display the dvd player). and another thing. i now have 1 extra toggle switch on my cupholder that is useless!

rear cam...took a shit on me today...it gets power but doesnt turn on. i had another one of the same thing laying around but when i installed it, the screen just flickered. so i said F it and said goodbye to rear cams. i ordered the new license plate pocket from parts.com (since the one i have now has a useless rear cam in it).

my right side license plate bulb light likes to come on & off when it wants to so i figure since i am swapping a new license pocket, might as well get new bulbs to change at the same time.

the only upside to all of this is that now that my trunk is gutted (sub box and 2 12s removed) my car is lighter and is faster so i am probably gonna go to the track tomorrow since i never have before and see what it runs! i'm trying to see if some friends go b/c if they do then they will get video.

for sale!
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 07:35:16 AM »

Boy that sucks and why is it that when it rains it pours?

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »

This is why I am choosing to keep things simple in my ride. At least for now. Hope you get it all sorted soon, Rich.

unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »

Sorry to hear about your nav problems, but keep us informed when you go to the track. How much faster do you think your car is without your subs?

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »

Rich I hope you get all of your bugs sorted out, and get everythign where you want it to be.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »

Threads merged.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »

i dont know how to say how faster my car is. i can put it a funny way. go drive your car with a 300lb fat chick in the trunk then take her out and drive it again. you'll notice a difference. in fact recently 2 of my friends raced....

boosted probe vs eclipse gsx

round 1 was probe (w/ passenger) vs gsx, the gsx won on a 40 roll by about 1/2 car
round 2 was probe (w/o passenger) vs gsx (w/ passenger) and the probe won w/ the same car distance 1/2 car on the gsx

the passenger is roughly 235lbs. so having extra weight does make a difference!

i'm actually gonna take out my rear seats right now

for sale!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012