Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:46:23 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675335 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: January 19, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »

I'm not really a fan of older cars.  I like technology too much.

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »

Not me...no ac,ps,pb, not shit, just scrape the frame, be loud as hell....thats bad ass
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 19, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »

Buddy of mine sent me this link from VWvortex, truely amazing collection.  And fuck the two haters. haha

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5558154-Barn-full-of-old-mint-OEM-Hondas%21%21-Must-see-%28pics%29

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1293 on: January 19, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »

I love old cars and respect the heritage.  Look at the S500 and S600.  If it wasn't for those older cars, we wouldn't have the technology we have for cars today.  I love new stuff too, but I guess I'm one of the few people on here that's actually a car guy.  I just can't have a narrow minded perspective and say that I just like Hondas.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 19, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

I want a 54 Chevy advanced design.

NOW!!!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »

Buddy of mine sent me this link from VWvortex, truely amazing collection.  And fuck the two haters. haha

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5558154-Barn-full-of-old-mint-OEM-Hondas%21%21-Must-see-%28pics%29

That is pretty awesome. I could be wrong but isn't the car in the second picture an Austin-Healey Frog Eye Sprite?

I love old cars. I've got a list of ones I'd love to own at some point. Actually, I just love all cars in general. Except for Smart Cars and the Nissan Juke. Fuck that shit.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1296 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:34 PM »

Hahaha.  In stock form those cars suck.  The Smart car with a Hayabusa motor and the Juke with the GTR motor, are at least fast to make up for being butt ugly.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »

That is true. The power almost makes up for the ugliness. You mentioned a '32 coupe earlier. You know, Brookville Roadster is right around the corner from you. Kinda. They pump out some pretty sweet steel bodies. They are a little pricey in my opinion though. $24000 just for the body.

http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/2805975398.html

How cool would this be for a project

http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/2801832098.html
would srsly consider this.

I think I’m going to buy a hot rod, I know I’ve said it before but after looking I can find one fairly cheap. I think I have the knowledge base to fix one up if not my uncles could come over and help their all former hot rod nuts (69 Chevelle, 67 Mustang, 69 Camaro). I’m excited about this and the wifey has bought in on it so it’s a go!

That truck is pretty sweet. I prefer the '55 v8 my self but still, pretty bad ass. It looks like it has been sold already though.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1298 on: January 20, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »

Yes, I'm well aware that Brookville Roadster is just outside of Dayton.  I priced out a 32 3 window full fender coupe and it was like $60k for the chassis, body, fenders, and running boards.  There's a lot of places in OH actually.  Did you know that Wiseco is in OH too?

Tim
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »

Speaking of roadsters...
http://autoholics.com/2011/12/05/Jeff-Dunham-s-ACHMEDMOBILE--585749Jeff dunham's  is awesome! He actually built the achmed head himself and the mouth opens with the throttle. Deff a cool looking machine wouldn't want to drive it without a helmet though Cheesy
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 20, 2012, 12:52:59 AM »

I love old cars and respect the heritage.  Look at the S500 and S600.  If it wasn't for those older cars, we wouldn't have the technology we have for cars today.  I love new stuff too, but I guess I'm one of the few people on here that's actually a car guy.  I just can't have a narrow minded perspective and say that I just like Hondas.
Not being a fan of old cars doesn't mean I don't respect the heritage.  I understand that the history and experience learned from old cars paved the way towards the technology we have today.  There are a few old cars that I like, but the ones that I would actually consider owning are really expensive.

Let's say someone were to spend $100,000 restoring a 1972 Camaro.  I would rather spend that money on a Corvette ZR1, Cayman R, M5, etc..

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 20, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »

I'd rather spend it on the '72 Camaro or '67 Chevelle SS. I'm a fan of old muscle.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: January 20, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »

I think there's a cool factor to the older muscle cars.  New cars are great, but they're just not the same.

Tim
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 20, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »

Happy medium? The mustang from Tokyo Drift! LoL! American muscle car swag with Japanese GTR Technological Powah! Fair warning though doing something like this will cause the drift king to come and challenge you to death races down mountainsides Cheesy ahaha.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 20, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »

Now I have hot rod fever, thanks guys.

Looks like my previous options sold, so heres what I got now:

1950 F100 all original sandblasted and already primed $4k
1958 Chevy C10 350 stroker motor all new interior $3,500
1966 F100 long bed $1,500

Any of these would be bad ass, I like the idea of the 66, you don’t see many long beds, especially all fixed up. And it’s cheaper than the others, the difference would be a set of wheels/tires and bags.

I hope it's still for sale!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012