Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:17:32 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675351 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 22, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »

My thoughts... Auto only Sad

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 22, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »

Jer.  No.

-brian
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1097 on: November 22, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »

Hey Mark, what is your opinion about using the s2k as a daily driver? It seems like the general consensus is that it's not a good one. I was just curious as to why. I was thinking about how the s2k would be instead of getting the Accord that I have now. I drive in Orlando traffic, so I'm constantly hard braking and having to stay clear of reckless drivers.

It would be fun as shit to have an s2k, that's for sure.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »

Mark’s a pussy and never daily drove his S2k. Me on the other hand…  Cheesy

It’s small, cramped, the ride is rough as hell, it creakes even over good pavement. It’s like driving a go cart every fucking day. It gets old quick. If the top is down and it’s cool out then it’s a different story. However, if it’s freezing out and the top is up then it sucks and it will depress you if you want to have the top down a lot. Or when it’s 100 degrees out, which it gets in Orlando, top down in that shit is no fun. I loved my S2k but DDing it sucked. It would be nice to stretch out in the Accord, and have an S2k for the warm sunny days.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

Mark’s a pussy and never daily drove his S2k. Me on the other hand…  Cheesy

It’s small, cramped, the ride is rough as hell, it creakes even over good pavement. It’s like driving a go cart every fucking day. It gets old quick. If the top is down and it’s cool out then it’s a different story. However, if it’s freezing out and the top is up then it sucks and it will depress you if you want to have the top down a lot. Or when it’s 100 degrees out, which it gets in Orlando, top down in that shit is no fun. I loved my S2k but DDing it sucked. It would be nice to stretch out in the Accord, and have an S2k for the warm sunny days.

My thoughts EXACTly. Cheesy

Maybe after I get the S I'll trade my 6-6 coupe for a 6-6 sedan.  The majority of the parts should swap no problem, right?  Exhaust might need some adjusting tho.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »

speaking of an S2k...right around the block from me...Not sure about the tan top though, or the wheels
http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/2712253906.html
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »

Mark’s a pussy and never daily drove his S2k. Me on the other hand…  Cheesy
uhh, what?

Hey Mark, what is your opinion about using the s2k as a daily driver? It seems like the general consensus is that it's not a good one. I was just curious as to why. I was thinking about how the s2k would be instead of getting the Accord that I have now. I drive in Orlando traffic, so I'm constantly hard braking and having to stay clear of reckless drivers.

I actually drove my s2k everyday for at least about a year, and prior to that, at least 2-3 times a week.  There was a period in time when it was my only car.  I traded in the Lexus for the 4Runner, and then I gave the 4Runner to my dad (although I still pay for it), so I don't really consider it mine.

I agree with Jer, it gets old..  It's fun as hell, hands down the best car I've ever driven (that includes the M3)..  By far, the best transmission in any car that I've ever personally driven.  It's small, yes, but it's also just about right.  It gives you just enough space to be comfortable, but no more.  No stretching out, just enough to be comfortable driving it.  If you fit..  there are things that you can do to fit better, such as lowering the seat.

It's RWD and its twitchy.  You really have to pay attention while you're driving.  You can get in trouble fast, especially in inclement weather.  It's a fairly raw driving experience.

At the same time, I'm a bit jaded.  I miss having it be stock, clear everything, and still fun to drive.  Not have to worry about being as careful.  

When I did daily drive it, it was already lowered and had mods.  In my opinion, the KW V3s are a lot smoother than the stock CR suspension, in terms of shock damping (even with the higher spring rates).  It being lowered is actually what got really annoying to me, not so much the small interior.  The interior is really well placed, everything is accessible to the driver, and I just have a love for the interior that none of my other cars have yet matched.  But when the car is low, and you have to worry about which route to take where, how to avoid certain dips, certain speed bumps, how to angle certain driveways, worry about three wheeling it and having to have someone sit on the trunk to get you up the driveway, change how you approach driveways with aggressive wheel fitment, etc.. that's when it really starts getting annoying.  It's a sacrifice of any lowered car, but the s2k gets reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy low.  There is a huge difference between lowered Accord and lowered S2000.

I'll have to disagree with Jer about the top up vs topdown thing.  I much prefer the look of the car with a hardtop, I think the softtop makes any convertible look cheap.  I'm not a fan of convertibles, and if Honda make the car as a coupe, I would have bought it instead.  

I will agree with the fact that the car creaks, and that gets annoying too.  When the softtop/hardtop latches get loose, it starts to rattle.  There are random creaks when you go up driveways after a while, so that gets annoying too. (this may not be as much of a problem with a completely stock car, but creaking noises are normal for any convertible) All little things that you appreciate having a quiet interior for.  But let's be honest, when you're driving the s2k, little things like that go out the window.

San Diego traffic is no joke, its not quite as bad as LA yet, but it's getting there and at times, it could be really bad.  San Diego also has some of the worst roads in the country, so knowing your routes in a lowered car are that much more crucial.  Driving around a lowered s2000 sometimes means taking the route that takes an extra 20 minutes, or parking in the lot across the street because the car can't make it up the driveway.  Sitting in an s2k in bumper to bumper traffic can get quite annoying.  The seat is comfortable, but not traffic comfortable (by traffic i mean bumper to bumper for like an hour type traffic).  I honestly get more annoyed by a manual transmission in traffic than I do sitting in the s2k.  I still have stock seats though, so its not as bad as sitting in a bucket seat during traffic.

Driving around a stock s2000 as a daily could get annoying, but driving around a modded s2000 as a daily just gets straight tiring.  One day, I just decided that I didn't want to deal with it anymore, and then started looking for a new daily, which led to buying the BMW.  Since then, my s2k got even lower (something I always wanted to do but didn't because I was daily driving it).  It's slammed, and as much as I love driving it, it sits because its honestly too low.  I'll drive it more when I am not too lazy to have a proper alignment done (it rubs a lot).  There's a few things I want to do to it as well, but I don't have the money to spend on it right now.  To give you an idea, I measured the front bumper to the ground, and its ~2.5 inches from the ground.  This is not the lowest part of the car, and I'm not quite sure how much the frame overhang is.  Without measuring, I'll venture to guess that the frame sits anywhere between 1.5in to 2in from the ground, with a rear diffuser fin being closer to the 1.5in figure..

That being said, it depends if you have any plans for the car.  If you keep it stock, I think you'll be ok with driving it around the city everyday.  If you lower it, you could still get away with it, unless you slam it.  Aggressive wheel fitment makes it even more annoying.  But it does look amazing!

In my opinion, its not a car that I would enjoy taking a long road trip with, especially with the lack of trunk space.  I have driven it on 2 to 3 hour trips, and that was ok.  Anything longer, I would be annoyed.

TL;DR: Drove daily for at least a year, stock s2k could be fine as a daily, longer trips could get annoying, lowered s2k gets tiring to drive everyday, creaks (nothing out of the ordinary for a convertible), small but comfortable if you fit, manual transmission is amazing
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:03:56 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 22, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »

Mark’s a pussy and never daily drove his S2k. Me on the other hand…  Cheesy
uhh, what?

I actually drove my s2k everyday for at least about a year, and prior to that, at least 2-3 times a week.  There was a period in time when it was my only car.  I traded in the Lexus for the 4Runner, and then I gave the 4Runner to my dad (although I still pay for it), so I don't really consider it mine.

I agree with Jer, it gets old..  It's fun as hell, hands down the best car I've ever driven (that includes the M3)..  By far, the best transmission in any car that I've ever personally driven.  It's small, yes, but it's also just about right.  It gives you just enough space to be comfortable, but no more.  No stretching out, just enough to be comfortable driving it.  If you fit..  there are things that you can do to fit better, such as lowering the seat.

It's RWD and its twitchy.  You really have to pay attention while you're driving.  You can get in trouble fast, especially in inclement weather.  It's a fairly raw driving experience.

At the same time, I'm a bit jaded.  I miss having it be stock, clear everything, and still fun to drive.  Not have to worry about being as careful. 

When I did daily drive it, it was lowered and had mods.  In my opinion, the KW V3s are a lot smoother than the stock CR suspension, in terms of shock damping (even with the higher spring rates).  It being lowered is actually what got really annoying to me, not so much the small interior.  The interior is really well placed, everything is accessible to the driver, and I just have a love for the interior that none of my other cars have yet matched.  But when the car is low, and you have to worry about which route to take where, how to avoid certain dips, certain speed bumps, how to angle certain driveways, worry about three wheeling it and having to have someone sit on the trunk to get you up the driveway, change how you approach driveways with aggressive wheel fitment, etc.. that's when it really starts getting annoying.  It's a sacrifice of any lowered car, but the s2k gets reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy low.  There is a huge difference between lowered Accord and lowered S2000.

I'll have to disagree with Jer about the top up vs topdown thing.  I much prefer the look of the car with a hardtop, I think the softtop makes any convertible look cheap.  I'm not a fan of convertibles, and if Honda make the car as a coupe, I would have bought it instead. 

I will agree with the fact that the car creaks, and that gets annoying too.  When the softtop/hardtop latches get loose, it starts to rattle.  There are random creaks when you go up driveways after a while, so that gets annoying too. (this may not be as much of a problem with a completely stock car, but creaking noises are normal for any convertible) All little things that you appreciate having a quiet interior for.  But let's be honest, when you're driving the s2k, little things like that go out the window.

San Diego traffic is no joke, its not quite as bad as LA yet, but it's getting there and at times, it could be really bad.  San Diego also has some of the worst roads in the country, so knowing your routes in a lowered car are that much more crucial.  Driving around a lowered s2000 sometimes means taking the route that takes an extra 20 minutes, or parking in the lot across the street because the car can't make it up the driveway.  Sitting in an s2k in bumper to bumper traffic can get quite annoying.  The seat is comfortable, but not traffic comfortable (by traffic i mean bumper to bumper for like an hour type traffic).  I honestly get more annoyed by a manual transmission in traffic than I do sitting in the s2k.  I still have stock seats though, so its not as bad as sitting in a bucket seat during traffic.

Driving around a stock s2000 as a daily could get annoying, but driving around a modded s2000 as a daily just gets straight tiring.  One day, I just decided that I didn't want to deal with it anymore, and then started looking for a new daily, which led to buying the BMW.  Since then, my s2k got even lower (something I always wanted to do but didn't because I was daily driving it).  It's slammed, and as much as I love driving it, it sits because its honestly too low.  I'll drive it more when I am not too lazy to have a proper alignment done (it rubs a lot).  There's a few things I want to do to it as well, but I don't have the money to spend on it right now.  To give you an idea, I measured the front bumper to the ground, and its ~2.5 inches from the ground.  This is not the lowest part of the car, and I'm not quite sure how much the frame overhang is.  Without measuring, I'll venture to guess that the frame sits anywhere between 1.5in to 2in from the ground, with a rear diffuser fin being closer to the 1.5in figure..

That being said, it depends if you have any plans for the car.  If you keep it stock, I think you'll be ok with driving it around the city everyday.  If you lower it, you could still get away with it, unless you slam it.  Aggressive wheel fitment makes it even more annoying.  But it does look amazing!

In my opinion, its not a car that I would enjoy taking a long road trip with, especially with the lack of trunk space.  I have driven it on 2 to 3 hour trips, and that was ok.  Anything longer, I would be annoyed.

TL;DR: Drove daily for at least a year, stock s2k could be fine as a daily, longer trips could get annoying, lowered s2k gets tiring to drive everyday, creaks (nothing out of the ordinary for a convertible), small but comfortable if you fit, manual transmission is amazing

Was only joshin ya Mark.

I agree with everything you said, but I will say this, I love having the top down and I hated the soft top. Luckily mine wasn’t one of the years affected by the dreaded rip. If I still had one and I would invest in a hard top and just take it off when I really wanted to drive around topless.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 22, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »

Was only joshin ya Mark.

yeah, i know.. :p

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 24, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »

Ugh... do want!

-Ryan

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 25, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »

As do I. Who wants to trade a 6,6,6 sedan for a s2k

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 25, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »

I'd trade my accord for a s2k in a heart beat. Although, buying a car I can't fit in and that I would need to buy new seats and seat rails for before I could even drive it is kind of sketchy in my book. ...but would be totally worth it  Grin

- Bobby
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »

Ive got my car on CL, in the title it says V6, I get an email saying if its a 4cyl...really?
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 27, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »

That's what you should get, a CL Type-S

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=310934424&dealer_id=497372&car_year=1993&systime=&doors=&model=&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=100&min_price=&rdm=1322440757643&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=MOBILE-PENSACOLA&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=Manual&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=36608&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&make=ACURA&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=59&standard=false

No price but its an NSX
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012