Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:58:30 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675371 times)
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 30, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »

Jer, I used to work at a caddy dealership.. there was a constant flow of this model year coming in for repairs.. just some food for thought..

-brian
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 30, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »

I just found this drawing online and I think Honda has to do EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER to make it happen.  This thing is sick!

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »

I would pass on the Caddy too.  I doubt you'd be happy with it Jer.

Ryan, it all depends on what you actually want.  The Accord can be a great project car if you want the TL as a DD.  It all depends on whether you're going to be happy with the Accord as a daily or as a project car.  If you were going to build the Accord, I'd pass on the Comptech SC and have Paul build you his M90 SC kit instead.

If it were me, I'd keep my Accord and continue on it's path, get an 08 RL to leave basically stock as a DD/road trip car, and then get a S2K for a fun weekend car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »

Nice. Lol.  Well as I like the RLs too, I want the TL cause I'm def a stick guy (giggity).  I haven't reached that lazy stage in life (not sayin you have) where I no longer wanna bother with a third petal. 

As for all three... we'll see how well I make out later in life. Grin

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »

I haven't mentioned that I want to stuff a K24 in the Fit and get a EK sedan or a DC2 to build up for a track car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »

I want a J swapped prelude... wonder if anyones done it? hmmm...  Afro

-Ryan

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »

My uncle had that body style CTS with the 200 hp 3.2L V6.  Fun car, but not really anything to write home about. This bigger engine might have changed my mind, but I cannot say, for sure.

So this won't be happenin any time soon, but I've been considerin my next car.  I'd like to hold onto the Accord, and once its paid off pick somethin else up.  I figure that by the time I'm ready (i.e. better job, accord paid off, home of my own) the 4th Gen TL 6MT's ('10 or '11) should be down to my price range.  I was considering getting one as a daily and projecting my Accord (aka finally getting the CT kit Smiley).  But another thought popped into my head the other day thats always been there.  Keep the Accord as my daily and pick up a project S2k and probably get that Turbo jawn or an s/c.  Which do you guys think?  The S2k would def be cheaper to buy, but the mod bug would hit hard. lol.
s2k will not be cheaper to mod Wink

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »

I can vouge for that
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »

Relax there Madonna

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

Didnt say cheaper to mod, cheaper to BUY. lol.  I'll prolly end up gettin the TL.  I looked at a 3rd Gen 6MT before I bought my Accord, only found 4 6MTs within like 500 miles... and with every one, they were either just out of my price range or by the time I called they were gone. Sad

-Ryan

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »

Didnt say cheaper to mod, cheaper to BUY. lol.  I'll prolly end up gettin the TL.  I looked at a 3rd Gen 6MT before I bought my Accord, only found 4 6MTs within like 500 miles... and with every one, they were either just out of my price range or by the time I called they were gone. Sad
I know what you said.  I read it correctly.

If I were you, I would keep the Accord as a daily and mod an s2k.  The TL would make a very nice daily though.

But it depends on the condition of your Accord and if you trust keeping it as a daily.

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:21 PM »

Uh... duh... Its a Honda with less than 100k on the clock Grin

I haven't even hit 1/3 life yet. haha.  And I knew, that you knew, what I said.  I was just fuxin with ya.

-Ryan

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »

Going to bite the bullet and get a TL type S or 2009+ TSX or 07+ TL.

Been sick as fuck all day so been looking all day and lots of medical induced soul searching. All TL-S I can find are autos, how are those trans? I'm torn between them all but of course the type S is #1. Someone help me, either with my addiction of cars or find me a car.

http://m.autotrader.com/(S(ulrh5v45e1r2vgapxc5o5l45))/ViewPhoto.aspx?PageID=CI3&id=301397809
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:34:40 PM by slipkord » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »

All honda v6 auto trannies have issues dude. I'd say go with the tsx v6 6spd.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »

I know Hoover would be a long drive but I thought this looked pretty nice.

http://tinyurl.com/42zj6e2

Here is the Edmunds reliability report.

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tl/2007/reliability.html?sub=type-s
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:38:24 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012