Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:54:47 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675317 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »

I know I haven't really contributed much to this thread, but here is my main concern.

If you're looking for a DD, but want something that has a fun factor to it, I would consider getting some that takes regular unleaded. With gas prices on the rise, that would suck to have to pump premium into your DD all the time.

Granted I'm sure you've already put that into consideration, but I just wanted to bring it up. That would be a deciding factor for me if I were to get a new car right now. That is why when I do end up upgrading, I'll probably stick with an Accord v6 6mt. A TSX or a TL would be nice, but having to put premium in it would get really old really fast.

Now getting a weekend car and a beater like you guys have been talking about would be cool. The only thing that comes up in mind would be maintaining two cars at once. Oh well, I don't really have much experience with owning cars, considering that my 7th Gen is the only car I've ever owned.

DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

I'm four transmissions deep, and my warranty is coming up on its end... I'd be happy with 8k.

Mike- for what its worth, last year I sold my 05 EXL K24 with 200,000 miles on it for $7,000 on cars.com.  I'd think you should be able to get more than $8K for yours.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »

It's been in a major accident but, of course I will try for more.. I don't really consider the cost of fuel or needing premium into my consideration because my commute is about 6 miles each way to my office. Currently I put gas in my Accord once every two weeks, and generally its about 12 gallons.
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »

This is what my future vette looks like.  I love the t-tops.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »

Really, there is not much difference in buying premium , if it's 30-40 cents more a gallon, then you are looking at up to four dollars more a fill up based on acten gallon purchase.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »

Jeremy pretty much summed up what I would say about your choices Mike.  Another thing you may want to consider with the Civic Si, Mustang GT, and the Goat is that they were probably beaten on.  The TSX may have taken some abuse, but it's less likely.  The other thing I would consider is the age of what you were going to get.  Maintenance for an older car can start to add up over time.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »

Maintenance for an older car can start to add up over time.

you said it Tim..really is making me think hard about getting an older car
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »

It's a different story when you compare a beater DD, when you plan on having a nice weekend car, and when you plan on getting a DD as your only form of transportation.  If it was my only car, I would go with something newer and nicer.  Another thing would be the Si has a tendency to get stolen.  I'd love to have one, but it wouldn't be my DD.  Of all those cars that Mike listed, I'd get a TSX 6MT.  If it was a weekend car, I'd probably try and get the Mustang or Civic Si.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »

I'm with Tim on that one. When I was shopping for my car, I looked at the TSX but the deciding factor to get me into the Accord was the rear leg room for my kids. As I had the 2nd gen TL, the TSX's rear leg room was identical to that and it sucked. Now Mike, if I were you, I'd look into a manual especially due to your track record with autotragics failing like they have been. Now, if you could find a 666 Accord sedan, you'd have the best of both worlds. Room, and fun factor.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »

I don't know what the fuck I want lol
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2011, 07:20:07 AM »

I don't know what the fuck I want lol
now you know where I've been for the past 6 months or even longer
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2011, 07:27:42 AM »

I'd say its been longer for you Jer.

Mike, you could always talk to Paul about doing a manual conversion if the car has some sort of sentimental value to you. Knowing me, that's probably what I'd do especially since I get attached to my vehicles.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:24 AM »

I don't know the car has been nothing but, bad luck for me to be honest.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »

I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get rid of it Mike.  A MT swap would be pretty cool though.  It all depends on what you want though.  Either direction would be an improvement though.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »

Fuck it then. Torch it and find yourself something with a manual. How about a 73 Beetle with an EJ25 swap?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012