Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:22:17 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675351 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: November 19, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

As Tim for his parts and build a Frank K20/24 motor. Way less work and you get to use Kpro. Flashpro can't touch that.

Or go Jackson Racing S/C
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:49:23 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: November 20, 2013, 08:08:36 AM »

I have a better idea. Hunt down the fuckers that are storing the HSV-010GT and steal the V8 from that. Then you'll have a man's swap.  Tongue
No.
You would need and upgrade in mounts also and maybe sub-frame and/or bushings. I know some are the same across, but some suspension components are J specific for the added weight. Have you looked at the cost of FI with re-sleeving your current block?
Bushings, sub frame and aftermarket suspensions transfer over. The mounts are factored into that $1k buffer on top of the cost of the engine and other things from LKQ. Re-sleeving my current block leaves me with no vehicle for awhile. I can't afford that. Going FI also costs a lot more than a J swap. If I were to get a "kit" (I hate that word) and modify it to work, I'm already looking at $4k not including engine management. Sure, I could piece it all together with good parts but the turbo would have to get rebuilt regardless of what the previous seller says if I were to go the used route. A new turbo goes anywhere from $1k to $2k depending on the turbo I select. That also goes into the realm of not being OEM reliable.
Just sell you car and buy mine. Settled.
No. Your shit is cursed.
As Tim for his parts and build a Frank K20/24 motor. Way less work and you get to use Kpro. Flashpro can't touch that.

Or go Jackson Racing S/C
See my response to Rich above.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 20, 2013, 08:11:36 AM »

Your wife wont let you buy tires but will let you spend more money on this swap? I'm just saying.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:15:36 AM by slipkord » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »

My shit ain't cursed, you fucker!!! Take it back!!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2689 on: November 20, 2013, 08:37:25 AM »

I hadn't thought of the curse.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2690 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »

A wrecked 6 speed TL is hard to find out here so that's difficult to say. LKQ has the J30 engine for about $500. Not sure if that's including accessories. Transmission is another $500. ECU out of an 05 6 spd Accord is about $300. The engine harness I'm assuming is about $300 but I haven't gotten a definitive answer on that. Other odds and ends being a timing belt, compression and leakdown, new clutch and single mass flywheel, shifter box, etc is maybe another $1k for the miscellaneous shit and I'm shooting a bit high. All labor done by me at school. A k24a2 from LKQ is roughly $1200. Transmission is approximately $800 (LKQ has none available as of this post). ECU about $200 plus all the other jazz I mentioned previously.

J30a4 swap=$2600ish
K24a2 swap=$3500ish
Drive to Paul leave car. Pay money, pick up car the end?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 20, 2013, 09:36:54 AM »

Your wife wont let you buy tires but will let you spend more money on this swap? I'm just saying.
Reasoning won that. The winters are on there right now. This swap isn't going to happen for awhile and she knows I'm chomping at the bit to do something big.

It is and I won't.

Drive to Paul leave car. Pay money, pick up car the end?
Take the cost of the parts and triple it. No thank you. I'm perfectly capable of taking it on myself and have the means to do it. If I were doing the bigger mods he's known for, definitely.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 20, 2013, 09:52:15 AM »

It's not cursed!!! I'm offended that you say that.  I actually haven't started my car in like three weeks. I should start that bad boy up. It needs a wash. Maybe Saturday.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2693 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

3 weeks!!! D:
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 20, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »

It's not cursed!!! I'm offended that you say that.  I actually haven't started my car in like three weeks. I should start that bad boy up. It needs a wash. Maybe Saturday.
How many times have taxis hit it? And not in the same spot either. Cursed.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 20, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »

Yeah, well your car has gremlins.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 20, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »

One gremlin and it was caused by your stupid city.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2697 on: November 20, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »

I think your car senses that you wish to replace it, so it's not caring as much about it's well being. You made it depressed! It's hurting itself!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 20, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »

Nelson's?

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2699 on: November 20, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »

Yes.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012