Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:57:33 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675436 times)
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: April 20, 2013, 09:54:28 AM »

Congratulations Ryan! Those 9th gens really do look good. Too bad you didn't part out, I would have bought a few things from you lol. Any modding plans for the new accord?

- Bobby
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »

Nah I think I'm just gonna leave this one go.  I need a reliable commuter and I don't really wanna be fixing shit.

... well see how long this lasts. Wink

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2372 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »

I give it a month lol the bug might be dormant know but you can't ignore it lol
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2373 on: April 20, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »

Test drove the RSX today. It's okay I guess. It actually has 164k on it. The biggest downer is that the owner never did any maintenance on it other than changing the oil. Never did the 100k maintenance, never changed the clutch, and never changed the transmission fluid. The interior and exterior is in rough shape, but that's to be expected for how many miles it has. If he took better care of it, then I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I may try knocking him down $500-1000 to cover the expenses of the maintenance. My parents are saying just get it and deal with the maintenance whenever. It's the cheapest thing we've found by far.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 20, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »

Test drove the RSX today. It's okay I guess. It actually has 164k on it. The biggest downer is that the owner never did any maintenance on it other than changing the oil. Never did the 100k maintenance, never changed the clutch, and never changed the transmission fluid. The interior and exterior is in rough shape, but that's to be expected for how many miles it has. If he took better care of it, then I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I may try knocking him down $500-1000 to cover the expenses of the maintenance. My parents are saying just get it and deal with the maintenance whenever. It's the cheapest thing we've found by far.
Oh wow.. Well, if the clutch feels fine, then it may be OK; but I would probably replace it also.

I would try to knock him down in price, IF you are willing to pay extra for the maintenance.

Did you hear any unorthodox valve tick?  How bad is rough shape?

IF I were buying that car, I would consider the following maintenance items:

• Change all fluids (oil, trans, clutch, brake, coolant, power steering, etc.)
  • Change all filters
  • Brakes
  • Valve adjustment
  • Spark plugs

How's the suspension? any signs of blown shocks?  Any signs of oil burning?

Define rough shape for exterior / interior?

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2375 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »

Oh wow.. Well, if the clutch feels fine, then it may be OK; but I would probably replace it also.

I would try to knock him down in price, IF you are willing to pay extra for the maintenance.

Did you hear any unorthodox valve tick?  How bad is rough shape?

IF I were buying that car, I would consider the following maintenance items:

• Change all fluids (oil, trans, clutch, brake, coolant, power steering, etc.)
  • Change all filters
  • Brakes
  • Valve adjustment
  • Spark plugs

How's the suspension? any signs of blown shocks?  Any signs of oil burning?

Define rough shape for exterior / interior?

I didn't hear any ticking when I drove it, but it's probably a good idea to get it done anyways.

The main issues with the car are mostly cosmetic. The interior is pretty dirty (which could be fixed up if I detailed it). The shift boot is falling apart, and there is a rather large tear on the driver's seat. On the exterior, there are a lot of marks on the paint all over (however at a glance it looks fine; I probably wouldn't care as it'll be a beater). It's missing one of the fog light covers. In the engine bay, it looks okay, just a bit dirty. The intake manifold has a dark color residue on top, I'm skeptical if it's from it leaking oil or something, or maybe it's just dirt. If I could have pulled off the valve and manifold covers to see underneath, I would have.

As far as the shocks go, they felt fine when I test drove it. The guy swore up and down about how "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Well, the car may have been fine for the 164k miles he drove it, but it's not going to last if all he's done is change the oil. I'd be inheriting a lot of preventative maintenance that needs to be done. I really don't want to buy the car then have it take a shit a week after. I feel like the clutch is a time bomb waiting to go. And that in itself is like what, a $800 job?

Edit: Just found this online: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=33880&endYear=2008&modelCode1=TSX&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=2004&makeCode1=ACURA&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=50&mmt=%5BACURA%5BTSX%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=344509303&listingIndex=1&Log=0

Maybe if I can get the price a little lower, I would be able to handle the car payments. Hmm.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:07:36 PM by Jeff » Logged

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 22, 2013, 02:18:08 PM »

Wow, congrats Ryan!  Love the styling of the '13 Sport sedan and the 6MT.  Jelly.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 22, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

Hows the power compared to your old v6?
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »

190 vs 240....can't be too bad
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 22, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »

Its def different but its surprisingly peppy.  Def doesn't have the torque that the V6 did.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 23, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »

I want to get back into the gen7 arena since I've decided not to do a TSX (only ones I can afford are high mileage).. 

I'm trying to decide if this sedan is worth it because I know the V6 auto trans has issues... 07 V6 AT sedan, leather, one owner-clean carfax, 69k miles...  listed for $13,995

http://www.antwerpensecuritynissan.com/used-Baltimore-2007-Honda-Accord+Sdn-EXL-1HGCM66547A092534

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 23, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »

You can always buy Chino's 7th gen. All mods included for 12k. Just sayin'.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »

I'd consider it if he was closer..

-brian
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 23, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »

I want to get back into the gen7 arena since I've decided not to do a TSX (only ones I can afford are high mileage)..  

I'm trying to decide if this sedan is worth it because I know the V6 auto trans has issues... 07 V6 AT sedan, leather, one owner-clean carfax, 69k miles...  listed for $13,995

http://www.antwerpensecuritynissan.com/used-Baltimore-2007-Honda-Accord+Sdn-EXL-1HGCM66547A092534

I have the same exact car with roughly the same mileage and it has been nothing but good to me.  

Tell them to replace the missing window visor!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:52:20 PM by ikethegreat » Logged
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »

I have the same exact car with roughly the same mileage and it has been nothing but good to me. 

Tell them to replace the missing window visor!

Oh definitely, I'm kind of surprised they didn't do it before putting pictures up.. haha.  How's your trans?  that's the only thing i'm scared about getting back into a gen7 v6 auto..  I know it's a weak component.

-brian
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012