Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:25:17 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675475 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2325 on: April 14, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »

I have my eye on that black one in Pembroke Pines. That's about a 3 and a half hour drive away, but it's the exact car that I want. I think my best bet will be to wait a couple more months and look again. Who knows, maybe that same car will be there since everybody hates manuals nowadays.

Couldn't my local dealership theoretically have that one transported up here? I don't know how that works. I'd imagine it would cost a lot more than just making the drive down there, though.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 14, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »

I have my eye on that black one in Pembroke Pines. That's about a 3 and a half hour drive away, but it's the exact car that I want. I think my best bet will be to wait a couple more months and look again. Who knows, maybe that same car will be there since everybody hates manuals nowadays.

Couldn't my local dealership theoretically have that one transported up here? I don't know how that works. I'd imagine it would cost a lot more than just making the drive down there, though.
It depends on the dealer.  Both dealers have to agree to the trade.

Use that as a negotiation tactic also.  They'll try and tell you that they only have so many manuals, but tell them that you know it takes a specific buyer for a manual car to sell.

Another thing about the dealer trade; if you get your local dealer to trade with them, then make sure that the car is towed via flatbed to your local dealer.  Dealers hire people to drive the cars from one dealer to another, so make sure to specify that you want it towed and not driven.

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2327 on: April 17, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »

Hmm, a friend of my parents is selling an '06 RSX type S 6MT with 150k miles for $5000. Thoughts? I could drive that car for another year or two to save up more for a TSX, and give my Accord to my sister.

The only thing I hate about the RSX is how damn small it is. I'd feel safer in the Accord/TSX.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2328 on: April 17, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »

If you won't buy it i will!!!!! ...if i had the $!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2329 on: April 17, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

Hmm, a friend of my parents is selling an '06 RSX type S 6MT with 150k miles for $5000. Thoughts? I could drive that car for another year or two to save up more for a TSX, and give my Accord to my sister.

The only thing I hate about the RSX is how damn small it is. I'd feel safer in the Accord/TSX.

I have the money let me know....
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2330 on: April 17, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »

Mike, you wouldn't like the RSX.  You'll have the same issue as Jeff.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2331 on: April 17, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »

Favorite car I've driven was a Toyota Tercel... Doesn't get smaller.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2332 on: April 18, 2013, 02:41:38 AM »

I'm going to go check the car out this weekend probably. I'm starting to like the car more and more after reading about it. I think if I can fit in it and feel comfortable, I'll probably end up getting it. It'll hold me over until I get the TSX (or wait long enough for the TLX). I'm just sick of the boring old point and drive autotragic that most of 'Murica has grown to love. Plus I can't really afford a TSX right now.

But yeah, from what I've read, it has nice crash test ratings thanks to side airbags that I thought didn't exist on the car, it apparently has a nice Bose speaker system, 17" OEM wheels, bigger brakes, better handling, 8,100 rpm redline, and 210hp. I'd be willing to give up size to get all of that. It's also silver exterior with black interior. It's not old man beige so that's a plus in my book.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 18, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »

Sure it does. Ever hear of the Smart car?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2334 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:12 AM »

Sure it does. Ever hear of the Smart car?
It might be close dude.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »

I can crank all four windows down from the drivers seat in a tercel and wipe down the rear glass.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2336 on: April 18, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »

Mine was a two door even smaller.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 18, 2013, 09:23:47 AM »

You drove from the back seat didn't you?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: April 18, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »

There was 0 space between the driver seat and back seat. Is by another one in a fucking second to. 0 issues and 36 mpg.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »

My buddy gave me his keys to his '06 RSX-S 6MT so that I could keep an eye on his car while he is on military leave. 

If there is nothing wrong with the one your parents' friend is selling, maintenance is up to date, and it's a clean title, I would consider it.

Seats are pretty nice.  The transmission isn't quite as nice as the s2000, but it's a good MT.  OEM clutch is really easy to control, easier to control than the 7th gen V6 6-speed, imo.

It's a little small, but it's really not that small.  It has a decent amount of cargo space since its a hatchback.  I also owned an s2k though, so most cars don't seem small to me,  Cheesy

- Mark
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012