Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:06:54 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675507 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2310 on: April 10, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »

Now I'm starting to lean towards a 2012+ special edition TSX. I really want the underbody spoilers. If I had them added after the fact to a base TSX, it would cost way more than the extra $1000 for the special edition. But then that would put me from a $23k CPO to a $32k new car. Decisions decisions...

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »

Tsx are fun and compact  but for a CPO car am not trying pass 20k when you can basically almost by a brand new one for a few more bucks the thought would make Me feel guilty like what if type moments lol.. Any one else like the new diesel jeeps I think they would be a good as a long term keeper

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 12, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »

And buying brand new gives you instant depreciation. CPO is the way to go if you ask me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2313 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

This is true. Although, it's not just a few more bucks for a brand new TSX, it's more like $10,000 more. It's hard to determine if it's worth the extra money to get roughly 27,000 less miles. It sure doesn't seem worth it. Besides, I'm fairly certain that I won't be able to keep up with payments on a new car. The special edition TSX is nice, but I don't think it's nice enough to spend that much more money. I could just have them throw a spoiler on the base TSX and call it a day. Lol.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »

I agree with the last two posts.  Of it were me and it were my money, that's how I would go too.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2315 on: April 13, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »

I test drove a 2010 TSX 6MT and a 2013 TSX 5AT today. I really want the 6MT, but the exterior and interior is in shitty shape. It also has 40k miles on it, and they're asking a shitty price for it. $23,500 is their initial offer, and $8750 for the trade in. Fucking bullshit when I can find a TSX with less miles for less money. I really want the damn 6MT though. It's the only one in Florida right now. As it stands though, it's sounding like a better idea to buy new. It's about $7000 more, and I get 40,000 less miles. Only downside is that I'll be stuck with the 5AT. Even with the paddle shifters, it's nowhere near as fun as the 6MT. Fuck!

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 13, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »

What's the rush? Just wait till something nice gets traded in.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 13, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »

I test drove a 2010 TSX 6MT and a 2013 TSX 5AT today. I really want the 6MT, but the exterior and interior is in shitty shape. It also has 40k miles on it, and they're asking a shitty price for it. $23,500 is their initial offer, and $8750 for the trade in. Fucking bullshit when I can find a TSX with less miles for less money. I really want the damn 6MT though. It's the only one in Florida right now. As it stands though, it's sounding like a better idea to buy new. It's about $7000 more, and I get 40,000 less miles. Only downside is that I'll be stuck with the 5AT. Even with the paddle shifters, it's nowhere near as fun as the 6MT. Fuck!
Trade in?  I thought you were giving the Accord to your sister?

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2318 on: April 13, 2013, 10:39:33 PM »

We were just getting the car appraised to see how much they think it's worth. I'm fairly certain we're going to pass the car on to my sister.

I really want the manual. It just doesn't feel right though. I'm a perfectionist, and all the scrapes and dings and other shit really turns me off. I'm also afraid that I'll never get to see an MT TSX again. I'm trying to not be picky though. I've driven a slushbox all this long, I guess it wouldn't hurt to continue the trend. The sportshift on the automatic was still a hell of a lot better than the Accord (albeit the gears felt just as long as the Accord).

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2319 on: April 13, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »

I'd wait to find exactly what you want if you're not in a rush. Why settle for something you didn't really want to begin with?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 13, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »

We were just getting the car appraised to see how much they think it's worth. I'm fairly certain we're going to pass the car on to my sister.

I really want the manual. It just doesn't feel right though. I'm a perfectionist, and all the scrapes and dings and other shit really turns me off. I'm also afraid that I'll never get to see an MT TSX again. I'm trying to not be picky though. I've driven a slushbox all this long, I guess it wouldn't hurt to continue the trend. The sportshift on the automatic was still a hell of a lot better than the Accord (albeit the gears felt just as long as the Accord).
If you are looking at purchasing new, then why not buy a new one with an MT?
I'd wait to find exactly what you want if you're not in a rush. Why settle for something you didn't really want to begin with?
:werd:  Impatience and impulsiveness is actually part of the reason why I've had as many cars as I have.  Don't settle, because you'll always think about it and keep looking for what you don't have.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:45:50 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: April 14, 2013, 10:39:36 AM »

If you are looking at purchasing new, then why not buy a new one with an MT?
:werd:  Impatience and impulsiveness is actually part of the reason why I've had as many cars as I have.  Don't settle, because you'll always think about it and keep looking for what you don't have.
I never actually considered that. We would have to get it ordered though. And I feel like they won't budge on the price at all if we did that. At that point they know that I would much prefer the MT, and would use that as leverage to be stiff on the price. Compared to buying a car from their lot, it would be easier to wheel and deal.

I still have a little bit of time before I have to make a decision. I think I'll use that time to figure this all out and decide which route will be best. I really don't want to get a car and still be looking for more.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 14, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »

Use the extra time to save for a bigger down payment too.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: April 14, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »

Use the extra time to save for a bigger down payment too.
I also like this idea. If I can save up enough for a $2500 down payment, I can keep the monthly payment at around $310. I was shooting for $300 or lower anyways. I plan on working the max amount of hours at Mitsubishi over summer so that I can make enough.

But yeah, I think I'm pretty set on the manual. I didn't get to open her up on the road because I've only driven a manual for about 30 minutes total before test driving it, but I did pretty well driving it around a private area. I didn't stall it out once. Even just riding in the passenger seat with the sales guy punching it on the highway, I could tell immediately that it was 1,000 times more lively than the 5AT. When I test drove the 5AT in sportshift mode, the gears were very long, boring, and had nearly no pull.

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »

I really want the damn 6MT though. It's the only one in Florida right now.
I know you said you are not in a rush, but as a FYI, you do have options without needing to order.  A couple of these are leftover 2012 models, which you could use the depreciation as a way to negotiate a significantly lower price.  Some dealers aren't willing to budge on leftover 2012s though, so if you are getting a similar deal on a 2013, then I would go with a 2013.

I'm also not sure how far these dealers are for you, but if you are willing to drive, it's worth giving their internet department an e-mail.

Also, I'm not sure which options you are looking for, but these are all SE models.

http://www.fermanacura.com/new/Acura/2012-Acura-TSX-df209eb00a0a006501224873d1cb070d.htm
http://www.duvalacura.com/2012-Acura-TSX-Dealer-in-Jacksonville-FL/vd/11804369

http://www.acuraofpembrokepines.com/new/Acura/2013-Acura-TSX-Pembroke-Pines-aae381be0a0a0002007c07540273d539.htm
http://www.acuraofpembrokepines.com/new/Acura/2013-Acura-TSX-Pembroke-Pines-aae37d340a0a0002007c07541246ef37.htm
http://www.acuraofpembrokepines.com/new/Acura/2013-Acura-TSX-Pembroke-Pines-c9c5c0840a0a0064004ba6207615dccf.htm

- Mark
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012