Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:10:10 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random ass car whoring thread.  (Read 675537 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: February 27, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »

Only others that come to mind are the RS4, and C63 AMG... Think your mind is set on that M3 though.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

Only others that come to mind are the RS4, and C63 AMG... Think your mind is set on that M3 though.
I'm going to take a look at the C63 AMG, probably test drive it if I get a chance this weekend.  It's a traditional automatic with a torque converter, but I'm going to give it a chance to see how the handling compares.  Thus far, every Mercedes that I've driven doesn't compare to BMW in terms of steering feel and suspension feedback; I'm sure the C63 AMG handles really well, so I am going to give it a chance.  It is faster than an M3, but I honestly don't plan on tracking my next car, so all out speed isn't that important to me.  I'll be happy with "fast enough."

I thought about the S5 and the S4, and I love Audi interior; but Audi does claim that burning about a quart of oil every 3k miles is normal, wtf?  Now the RS4, I didn't even think about that, might have to drop by an Audi dealership.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

I'm not sure that the Oil they reccomend helps that either.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 03, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »

Any of you guys read the specs on those new Mazda engines? 14:1 compression stock using direct injection...I wonder how much power Honda guys will be able to squeeze out of Honda engines with this tech in NA form.

Having a reliable DD 4banger with 350+hp would be pretty sweet ahaha
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 03, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »

Any of you guys read the specs on those new Mazda engines? 14:1 compression stock using direct injection...I wonder how much power Honda guys will be able to squeeze out of Honda engines with this tech in NA form.

Having a reliable DD 4banger with 350+hp would be pretty sweet ahaha

Yea i seen it on car and driver mag they say it part of there skyactiv technology to remain using gas engines and get more mileage out of them , there one of the companies who will not be picking up hybrid versions. i think is a good idea if something like that would come to honda from factory i could see the builds already lol

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 05, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »

So I'm planning to take a look at the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302.  There is a 2011 GT500 at a local dealer, its new, and I wouldn't be surprised if its been sitting there a while and the dealer would be willing to give a pretty good deal on it.  They have a few Boss 302's also.

There's also the 2013 GT500 that will have 650hp..

Thoughts?

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »

if you got the coin, then do it need I say more?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:49 AM »

So I'm planning to take a look at the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302.  There is a 2011 GT500 at a local dealer, its new, and I wouldn't be surprised if its been sitting there a while and the dealer would be willing to give a pretty good deal on it.  They have a few Boss 302's also.

Thoughts?

I know you like the new car feel but, if your considering a Stang I would probably look for a lower mileage 2003 - 2004 Cobra. They came factory SC'd, and if you put some cash into them you can easily make more than 650 HP. Could probably get a pristine car with more power for half the money.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 06, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »

Thoughts?

I know you like the new car feel but, if your considering a Stang I would probably look for a lower mileage 2003 - 2004 Cobra. They came factory SC'd, and if you put some cash into them you can easily make more than 650 HP. Could probably get a pristine car with more power for half the money.
The reason I prefer new is because of warranty, but I am willing to look at low mileage CPO cars that are clean.

I would like a car that wasn't modded; and if it was, I would prefer no engine mods.

To be honest, I'm kindof getting over this whole modding the car thing.  A few cosmetic things, like new wheels, front lip, side skirts, etc. but that's it.  I would like a car that performs well out of the box, and one that I would hopefully not fall down the same path of modding suspension, engine, etc.

At least, that's my goal for my next car; and one I hope I can stick to.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1449 on: March 06, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »

I'd avoid a Mustang. They are so easy and cheap to mod that its silly. It's tough to resist when parts are so available and cheap.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1450 on: March 06, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »

I would like a car that performs well out of the box, and one that I would hopefully not fall down the same path of modding suspension, engine, etc.

Bought, not built.  Right?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 06, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »

what is it about a hot chick who can drive a stick shift...hummanah hummanah!!

I'm looking at a shit ton of cars...none of which are hitting the 95th percentile
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 07, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »

08 G35x sedan auto $22k
08 R32 dsg auto $22k
08 TL base auto $21k
09 civic si nav $19k

I'm leaning towards the si or r32 just for pure fun factor and practicality
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »

The only one in that list that's a manual transmission is the SI and that would be the one I'd choose. Plus, those are fun, roomy cars.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 07, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »

And its the cheapest, worried abt the boy racer look tho. Its white so its not flashy.

I've recently been looking to find an Accord as well, feel like modding an accord again, if not, si it is
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 191 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012