Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:17:46 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED tail lights idea?  (Read 5046 times)
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »

found this on another forum it may just work for some people who want to do the LED lights retro fit (like me..)  :grin: I think this mod can be done to our cars and by the look of those tail lights on the SC they have pretty much the same shape as our cars..the only diff the SC is a 1 whole assembly ours is a 2 peice..im thinking on trying this out on mines lmk what you guys think..

"I first did these on my 93 SC some years back and decided to do the same to my 97+ taillights. This cost about $45 a side and the lights are parking lights and brakes. what I used were trailer light conversions with 62 LEDs in each. "

removed them from their housing

took the lights apart and screwed the LED boards into place  

Rewired the harness so that the top is now the turn signals and the bottom 2 are parking lights and brakes.  

here is the difference

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »

Wow, I like.  How did you take apart the taillight assembly on the Lexus?  Did you have to dremel it apart?

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »

Quote from: "Milan"
Wow, I like.  How did you take apart the taillight assembly on the Lexus?  Did you have to dremel it apart?

i didnt do this mod my self, but im pretty sure you can bake them just like the head lights and take them apart..

driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »

i like it alex....i love my LEDS!!! :mrgreen:

k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »

Quote from: "driveaccord"
i like it alex....i love my LEDS!!! :cry:

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »

I think it would nice.  Def hit up Misha, he's the LED freak around here, I'm sure he'll love to see this and help out if need be.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
ROLO

ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

Quote from: "k24low20z"
Quote from: "driveaccord"
i like it alex....i love my LEDS!!! :cry:

^^^ + 1 ^^^
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:49 PM »

It's an easy way to avoid doing LED boards.  I'd rather have my tail lights filled with LEDs though.  Just my opinion, but to each their own.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

Awesome find Lex! Now I get to do my LED tail conversion much easier and cheaper. I could make my own, but I don't have the time or patience for that shit.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »

Quote from: "k24low20z"
Quote from: "Milan"

i didnt do this mod my self, but im pretty sure you can bake them just like the head lights and take them apart..

Nope, if the coupe tail lights are any indication, the over method won't work.  I remember that Misha has to take them apart by force.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »

I recall he took his tail lights apart by dremel actually.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:07:17 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
I think it would nice.  Def hit up Misha, he's the LED freak around here, I'm sure he'll love to see this and help out if need be.

thanks Derrick Smiley

7th gen tails are plastic welded. so you cant bake them. i used dremel and screwdriver. would recoment using only dremmel though and plastic cutting disks

those were things i was looking for when i wanted to do my leds tails on my 02 sedan but then found led tails that just came out on ebay and just bought those(quality of led mounting was not great but it looks like oem)

you can use truck lights but it kinda looks cheap IMO but its easy way to do them i guess. if you find different truck lights it might make  more sence but it might look like you put in ebay led bulbs. too bad ebay tails dont look as good as they could. otherwise i would get those and replaced leds with better onces and new controller boards

could have finished mine this week while parents are away but spend week detailing my car

you guys with sedans should see Chris's(another_person) tails since he already did it on his and they look great

search 05 led accord tails on youtube

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
another_person
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
7th gen tails are plastic welded. so you cant bake them. i used dremel and screwdriver. would recoment using only dremmel though and plastic cutting disks

you can use truck lights but it kinda looks cheap IMO but its easy way to do them i guess. if you find different truck lights it might make  more sence but it might look like you put in ebay led bulbs. too bad ebay tails dont look as good as they could. otherwise i would get those and replaced leds with better onces and new controller boards

could have finished mine this week while parents are away but spend week detailing my car

you guys with sedans should see Chris's(another_person) tails since he already did it on his and they look great

search 05 led accord tails on youtube

The diamond cutoff disc are also really AWESOME! They cut thinner then the normal disc and last longer. The only downside is you can't let too much plastic cool on there because it just makes the disc thicker and doesn't cut as well. Premade led arrays can and will work, but building your own and filling out your tail light is definatly the way to go...Plus, I don't think anyone out there even makes an array that is 1A and fits the tail lights perfectly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012