Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:00:23 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Krylon Reflective "Glass" Paint  (Read 7264 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »

Does anyone know of a website that I can get Krylon Reflective "Glass" Paint? I have googled it and I have tried Michael's Arts & Crafts, Home Depot, Ace and another local arts & crafts store near me and NO luck! I would like to have my high beam section painted yellow like the kodak below:

I have found only clear reflective paint, which I was thinking of using high temp yellow paint and using the clear reflecive paint over it to give it that reflective effect. I will also be inserting "hyper yellow city lights" in the high beam section, seperate plugs of course so I may still have my high beam capabilities...  Any thoughts on the paint???

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »

Billy Talk to Lex that's a photo of his ride.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »

Dude don't do it!!!  That's why I need to repaint mines!!!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 09:01:11 AM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"

Just re paint and trade w/ Billy ... if he wants..
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
Billy Talk to Lex that's a photo of his ride.
I have, he told me about the Glass Paint...

Yea but im thinking about using high temp paint, with the engine bay and HID'z in the low beams I know it will get hot in there. Maybe i will just do the Hyper Yellow City Lights and see the output first.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »

I looked on Krylon's website and they don't make the product that you're describing Billy.  The only thing that I found was a metallic paint, with the closest color being gold.  You may want to consider a yellow tint spray with a glossy finish.  The only thing I'm concerned with, is if it's not prepped properly or if it's a low quality paint, you're going to ruin your housings.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ibcnunv

ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I looked on Krylon's website and they don't make the product that you're describing Billy.  The only thing that I found was a metallic paint, with the closest color being gold.   if it's not prepped properly or if it's a low quality paint, you're going to ruin your housings.

+100

Mines are metallic gold & the prep was not done right... I now have pealing paint in the high beam housing. Not to mention your will loss your high beam function because the out put is too low.

Put in a yellow bulb and the tint from the bulb will kind of make it seem as if your high beams are yellow.

DO NOT PAINT THE HIGH BEAM!!!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I looked on Krylon's website and they don't make the product that you're describing Billy.  The only thing that I found was a metallic paint, with the closest color being gold.  You may want to consider a yellow tint spray with a glossy finish.  The only thing I'm concerned with, is if it's not prepped properly or if it's a low quality paint, you're going to ruin your housings.

Yea that's basically what I found as well. I definetely don't wanna ruin the housing! So basically I will do what we talked about Tim and just put in the city lights. I have the sockets and the hyper yellow bulbs already. I'll just need to pick up a OEM accord fog light switch for the dash to wire them up to. Maybe on one of your trips to NY one day we can do the install. I'm afraid of drilling that 1/2" diameter hole in the housing as required to put in the socket.

Mines are metallic gold & the prep was not done right... I now have pealing paint in the high beam housing. Not to mention your will loss your high beam function because the out put is too low.

Yea noticed that yours was peeling, thought it was because high temp paint wasn't used. I won't lose my high beam function because the yellow bulbs will be wired to seperate sockets drilled into the housing and wired to a oem fog light switch.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

ibcnunv

ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:06 AM »

What I meant about losing the function was; if you paint the reflector you will no longer have the throw distance your regular beams should have because you have covered the reflector with paint…

DO NOT PAINT YOUR HIGH BEAMS!!!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »

Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
I'll just need to pick up a OEM accord fog light switch for the dash to wire them up to. Maybe on one of your trips to NY one day we can do the install. I'm afraid of drilling that 1/2" diameter hole in the housing as required to put in the socket.

C'mon man, you can drill a hole.  I can try to come down to NYC once I get all the bugs worked out, but for now it's off the road.  I would have been glad to help if you came up for the meet last weekend.  I'm sure it will get completed eventually.  I have to open up my PS housing to replace a lens and may do this with my headlights too.

BTW, this should have been posted in the Lighting forum.  I've moved it for you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

if done right, the output the high beam will be the same because the reflector would still reflect the light the same. also when painting the housing doing light coats at a time helps you get the whole reflector covered even, there is no need to prep and sand down the reflector because you will need the reflector to shine like it was chrome, sanding it down would tone down the output of the light meaning less light will reflect from the housing when sanded down.

Stained Glass Color here is a link to the site..

http://www.krylon.com/products/stained_glass_color

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »

Thanks for moving it Tim, it was a topic that started off for the "PAINT" that's why it was put in OFF TOPIC then it went on from there. So moving it now was a good idea I guess. As for the hole I know the housing part is delicate and I don't have an extra set lying around if I mess up and crack the housing...

K24low20z thanks for the link!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012