Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:24:49 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 197060 times)
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:35 AM »

Just wanted to know what peoples opinions are about Stinger? Mainly, their amp wiring kits.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »

I've never used their stuff, but I've seen it in a few shops.  I'd take a look at the kit and make sure that the hardware (i.e. - battery terminals, ground terminal, fuse holder) aren't cheap and flimsy.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »

Tim,

I was looking at some pics of 'cords with subs in the trunk and the trunk was lined with dynamat, and I was wondering, should I line my trunk with something like that? Right now I've got 2 12's (Too much bass, but I got a great deal) and a 1200 watt amp in my trunk with the subs pointed towards the rear of the car. I've been told that it sounds like it rattles outside of my car, and I was thinking maybe the dynamat would help. What do you think?

Thanks

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »

Well, you've got a Honda so it will take a lot to reduce the rattles.  Dynamat is used to dampen sound by increasing mass and lowering the resonant frequency of the body panel.  With our cars, you'd have to make sure you get the trunk, trunk lid, rear bumper cover, license plate, and tail lights.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:52 PM »

Is the coupe rear speakers grill the same as the coupe?  I just installed Infinity 3eference 9622i in the rear and neither the factory grill nor the one provided fits correctly. Stuck on this mofo since it looks ugly have the speaker in plane sight without a grill Sad

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »

Quote from: "lilmalu"
Is the coupe rear speakers grill the same as the coupe?

Yes, they are the same.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »

Shit I meant coupe the same as the sedan? Damn I feel stupid for that one!

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »

I don't think they're the same, but compare the part numbers.  It really doesn't matter though, you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.  You may want to try mounting them from the underside instead so you can get some extra clearance to put your OEM grilles back.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

Thanks for the help Tim. It worked out and I was able to put back my stock grill.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.  Make sure that you have a gasket of some sort between the speaker and the rear deck to seal the speaker.  Trust me, it will improve the sound quality.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »

For sure. It came with this thick ass seal which I misplaced. Gonna put that along with my deck either tongiht or smetime this week

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:25 PM »

Any tips on finding a good quality deck that comes with ipod adaptor/support (not just stereo-mini), and can be used with the PAC adaptor to retain factory steering wheel controls?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »

I would recommend Alpine.  Since you mentioned good quality and an iPod adapter/control, Alpine is one of the best.  They were the first company to have iPod integration.  I have an Alpine IVA-W200 in my car and LOVE the iPod integration.  You can also use a PAC adapter to retain your steering wheel controls with most Alpine products, but you should check for compatibility with PAC.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 07:32:57 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I would recommend Alpine. Since you mentioned good quality and an iPod adapter/control, Alpine is one of the best. They were the first company to have iPod integration. I have an Alpine IVA-W200 in my car and LOVE the iPod integration. You can also use a PAC adapter to retain your steering wheel controls with most Alpine products, but you should check for compatibility with PAC.

I have the Pioneer DEH-7000bt, and it is awesome. iPod integration is really good. It is set-up jut like your iPod. If you have a newer iPod than all you need is a USB cable to plug into the back.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »

is running a JL cleansweep better than say a new deck?

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012