Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:22:02 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tool Organization  (Read 1972 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »

I was curious about how everyone here organizes their tools. Today I sorted through all of my dad's tools, and here is the end result:

(Those two sheet metal tool boxes on the left were made by my dad)

There are about four tool boxes/chests in there somewhere.

Anyways, what do you guys think is the best way to organize hand tools, power tools, and the like? Also if you want, you can post pictures of your own tool area.

My main problem is that I probably have loads of duplicates. I know there are a couple of socket sets in there somewhere. The thing is though, I feel like it's better to keep them, because it's not like they go bad. I just don't know of a good way to sort through all of it.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

I went out and bought a Gearwrench Tool Set from Advance, its like 160-some pieces (ironically with none of the actual gearwrench wrenchs, haha) But it's mine and I told my dad never to touch it... cause all his tools are a clusterfuck, you can never find anything. lol So I just leave em in the Gearwrench case, so I know where everything is.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:45:02 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »

Buy a stand up rolling tool box, and you will have room for everything.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »

Or a gang box.  But that might be over kill.  A tool chest would probably be best because it's got drawers.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »

I sorted through all of my dad's tools today. I got a shitload done, that's for sure.

From left to right on top...

The red Craftsman tool chest contains all of my socket tools, a couple box wrenches, and screwdrivers.
The sheet metal tool box contains a compact battery powered drill, an electric drill, a nail gun, and some other things
The Rubbermaid tool box next to it contains all of the rest of my hand tools and such.
The black thing next to that has just a bunch of random tools and shit in it (I didn't feel like messing with it yet).
The slim black box laying down contains a bunch of random nails, screws, and other small things. The white Cain box in front is just a couple things I haven't gone through yet.
The smaller sheet metal box has nothing in it at the moment (it's really dirty).
Next to the sheet metal box are two of those carrying tool whatever things. Just random shit in those for now.

Most of the stuff underneath you can see for yourself. I have a brand new set of Duralast jack stands, then another older set underneath the left table.

I don't know why I'm listing all this stuff, but I guess it makes me feel better about staying organized, haha.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012