Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:23:57 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 92575 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:56 AM »

I know the difficult part is sourcing parts.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »

Hey Tim,  when you did your engine swap, did you swap your ECU as well, or are you still running on an Accord ECU?

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »

He's running dual ECU. The Accord is working the guages and all that miscellaneous shit while the other ECU (I can't remember if its an RSX ECU or what) is running the engine.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »

^What he said.  I have the Accord ECU for my stock gauge cluster and HVAC, and an EP3 ECU with KPro to control my motor.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »

Thanks.  Did you lose cruise control, VSA, or anything?

2005 TSX 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

I don't have VSA.  My cruise control functions properly.  Don't forget that I still have a cable tb, not dbw.

Tim
Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »

I haven't forgotten.  Smiley

I have a real question I'm leading to...  but I've asked it before, and I can't remember what it is.  Sad 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:21:24 AM by Jellynuts » Logged

2005 TSX 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »

My guess is that you want kpro for your TSX, and now that Hondata doesn't sell their harness any more, you want to see if an Accord harness will work.

Tim
azrael
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
azrael pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

Out of curiosity, regarding Kpro an the a8... I know that the dbw setup is a problem when it comes to installing kpro, but would it be possible to swap to a dbc setup and run kpro that way? I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere( maybe I just haven't used the right keywords?) But I'm more than willing to get rid of the dbw system if it means I can have Kpro. Any advice?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »

Yes.  It's been done on 2 K24A8 with head swaps.  You swap the engine harness, swap the gauge cluster with a RSX Type S cluster, make a few modifications for the HVAC, and you can run K Pro with a DBC TB.

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »

Yes.  It's been done on 2 K24A8 with head swaps.  You swap the engine harness, swap the gauge cluster with a RSX Type S cluster, make a few modifications for the HVAC, and you can run K Pro with a DBC TB.
another thing to note is that your stock cluster would be needed to make a custom harness for the the rsx cluster, which you would need a dash harness as well. ive been running this setup for about 8 months with great results. i did lose my cruise control but that can be fixed with a few additional parts.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »

Thanks for the info David.  I wasn't aware of the loos of CC.  I did know about the harness for the RSX cluster, but I forgot about that aspect when I posted. 

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »

another thing to note is that your stock cluster would be needed to make a custom harness for the the rsx cluster, which you would need a dash harness as well. ive been running this setup for about 8 months with great results. i did lose my cruise control but that can be fixed with a few additional parts.
And one of the two that Tim was talking about has spoken up. I can't believe its been this long since you did the swap Dave.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2010, 01:55:42 PM »

same here, ive got other plans to keep it going but cant finance it yet.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »

I know the feeling.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012