Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:21:32 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door won't open from inside or out  (Read 6368 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »

I was replacing my front speakers and broke the little green plastic on the cable that connects the interior door handle to open the door now so I got a replacement and was gonna fix it but I took off the door panel to adjust something and fiddled with the cable a bit. Now neither of the door handles work...

My question is how do I open the door or get the door panel off with the door being closed

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »

you have to get it off with the door shut someone had this problem on here recently. I can't remember who it was though.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

How?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

I don't remember try searching around for that thread.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »

I can't find it  Cry

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »

You're gonna have to get a hammer and a torch.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:10:40 PM »

You're gonna have to get a hammer and a torch.

Seriously?

And do wha?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

For what it's worth, I broke the green thingies on my door handle cables as well, but they still seem to operate as long as I make sure the cable goes back where it normally is as I'm putting the door panel back up. I need to take my PS door panel back off though and do something with the broken part, because it's just sliding up and down the cable making all kinds of rattling noises.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »

Was it Clapton that had the issue? When he had his window replaced?
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »

Two things... cutting door panel down the middle lines.... or taking the outside door handle out...

Is the latter possible at all?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »

Not without taking the door panel off first.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:05:19 AM »

This is a quote from that thread. I told you it was possible.

Update - Called the glass company...they sent some one out this morning.  The guy was able to get the door panel off without opening the door.  Somehow a piece of broken glass got into the latching mechanism.  Crazy luck....then again the guy before him didn't do a fantastic job of vacuuming out the broken glass.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »

Here is the thread

http://elitecm.net/forums/index.php?topic=2680.msg57014#msg57014
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 12:46:21 AM »

Thanks a bunch Mike.

I PM'ed him

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »

You may need to employ the help of a professional for this on.  Now that this has come up twice with other members, I kinda want to try it myself just to see how hard it is.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012