Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:39:32 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1878482 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »

K, so I talked to the mechanic.  He had a bunch of questions about the mounts.  He said they sit lower and wasnt sure if they needed spacers, and that the oem bolts were too long.  He also told me that he doesnt think that the mounts have anything to do with the vibration that I've been getting and if I put em in, it would probably make it worse... so we scrubbed the mounts (for now) and hes gonna replace the other axle instead (he already replaced the passenger side a couple months ago).  But the timing and water pump will all be done, so atleast thats good. 

This cars startin to piss me off... I'm just tired of throwin money at it to fix this problem...  I'm gonna have to figure somethin out, or just take it to a dealer and pay the $100 to have em look at it, and have them call me before they do anything.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: December 05, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »

I ... talked to the guy and asked the interval of change, he said 30k miles... that sound low to anyone else?
I usually change my fluids every 10k miles or 1yr, whichever comes first.  That goes for trans fluid, diff fluid, clutch fluid, and brake fluid.  My typical OCI is 5k miles or 6mo. to 1yr.  I try for every 6mo, but sometimes I forget so I get to it whenever I remember.  It's not too big of a deal since I use full synthetic, and the OCI is probably overkill anyway.

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

Yeah, OCI for my car is 5k.  Its just easy to remember. lol  and M1 every time.  Never touched the brake or clutch fluid since I bought it.  But I havent done the brakes myself, garage did it about 2 years ago.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »

Shes back!  Timing stuff is done and he replaced the drivers side axle and the vibration is gone!  It actually feels weird how smooth it is now, since Ive grown accustomed to the vibration.  I really needed this victory and I couldnt be happier.  Im so glad that my girl is back to the norm. Cheesy

Still have the mounts, not sure if Im gonna put em in or not... might just return em and save some money, since I dont really need em...  well see.

-Ryan

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4084 on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

got her timing maintenance stuff in, tl-s front sway bar and tl-s cams and clutch. now just need to find time to put everything in with my friend

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »

Dam Mike, you been busy. Cheesy

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4086 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »

K, so I talked to the mechanic.  He had a bunch of questions about the mounts.  He said they sit lower and wasnt sure if they needed spacers, and that the oem bolts were too long.  He also told me that he doesnt think that the mounts have anything to do with the vibration that I've been getting and if I put em in, it would probably make it worse... so we scrubbed the mounts (for now) and hes gonna replace the other axle instead (he already replaced the passenger side a couple months ago).  But the timing and water pump will all be done, so atleast thats good. 

This cars startin to piss me off... I'm just tired of throwin money at it to fix this problem...  I'm gonna have to figure somethin out, or just take it to a dealer and pay the $100 to have em look at it, and have them call me before they do anything.

This is what you get when you don't take my suggestion. OEM Poly filled mounts would fit perfectly, be cheaper, and offer an increase in performance.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: December 06, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

K, so I talked to the mechanic.  He had a bunch of questions about the mounts.  He said they sit lower and wasnt sure if they needed spacers, and that the oem bolts were too long.  He also told me that he doesnt think that the mounts have anything to do with the vibration that I've been getting and if I put em in, it would probably make it worse... so we scrubbed the mounts (for now) and hes gonna replace the other axle instead (he already replaced the passenger side a couple months ago).  But the timing and water pump will all be done, so atleast thats good.  

This cars startin to piss me off... I'm just tired of throwin money at it to fix this problem...  I'm gonna have to figure somethin out, or just take it to a dealer and pay the $100 to have em look at it, and have them call me before they do anything.

This is what you get when you don't take my suggestion. OEM Poly filled mounts would fit perfectly, be cheaper, and offer an increase in performance.

Yeah yeah yeah... I know.  But read my last post.  It wasnt the motor mounts, which is the whole reason I got new mounts.  It was the drivers side axle.  So Im sendin em back! lol

But your right Mike... *swallow* I will have to start listenin to you... Wink
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:43:21 AM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: December 06, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

I actually gave up on getting polyurethane bushings, and am going the poly filled route got both the new bushings in the car ready to be filled. It's going to be a very busy spring next year my parts pile is starting to take over my room Cheesy
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4089 on: December 06, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »

so i guess poly is not avaliable for our cars? was gona get compliance bushings since i need to replace mine

gave her a bath today, yes its raining, but this way i dont have to dry it. rain will do it for me

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: December 06, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »

They are available from a company called super pro. LoL! But you better have some deep pockets aha
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4091 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

is that the once for $227?
energy suspension have once that you assemble yourself (you get outer tube, inner and poly bushings to go between not sure how good that will be

Misha
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: December 06, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »

You got part numbers for the pieces from energy suspension for those pieces?
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »

My battery craped out on me today order myself a new one

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4094 on: December 07, 2011, 12:43:32 AM »

Yeah yeah yeah... I know.

If you really "knew", then you would have taken his advice in the beginning.   Wink

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012