Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:10:22 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: k20a2 head on k24a8  (Read 41061 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

ive spoken with cham and he is supposed to be developing a harness for my k24a8, if all goes well we are going to meet and test it out.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 03:09:16 PM »

Where are you and are you planning on coming up here, or is he coming down to you?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »

i live in central va. we were talking about meeting halfway.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 10:18:58 AM »

^Thats awesome Icebox itd be nice to see a DBW kproed Accord, think this maybe a first! and as for flashpro the FG2/FA2 Sis can be controlled through a DC5 ECU w/ kpro so I wouldnt be suprised if the huge difference in the supposed ECU architecture is the fact that its located in the engine bay (I think thats a foolish move by honda, like their engine bays arent cramped enough) but yea this will be something Im going to look into for sure
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:42:02 AM by BliNx197 » Logged
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 10:23:53 AM »

Oy just read more on that link definately a different ECU! oh well,.. a much cheaper solution than Kpro and a possible solution for 06-07s so ill be looking into this one
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 10:32:35 AM »

yea, ive got my fingers crossed too!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
i live in central va. we were talking about meeting halfway.

Hopefully I'll be coming down with Cham for one of these sessions if I have the opportunity.

Quote from: "BliNx197"
...I wouldnt be suprised if the huge difference in the supposed ECU architecture is the fact that its located in the engine bay (I think thats a foolish move by honda, like their engine bays arent cramped enough)

So, you think the ECU architechture has to do with where it's located in the car?  You don't think that Hondata might be concerned with something a little more important, like the PCB?

oh well,.. a much cheaper solution than Kpro and a possible solution for 06-07s so ill be looking into this one

You still think this will work with your car even though there's a good amount of evidence saying that it won't?  Am I missing something here, or am I not giving you enough credit?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
yea, ive got my fingers crossed too!

+2 sounds soo soo good.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:59 PM »

Well let me apologize for not choosing my words more wisely. First off when I addressed the ECU architecture issue I had not clicked on the link yet and seen that those were Hondata's words, I assumed this was speculation on anothers part. Secondly no your not giving enough credit and yes you are missing alot! and finally Id like to thank you for misquoting my post in an attempt to show us your never ending knowledge of the K-series.

Oy just read more on that link definately a different ECU! oh well,.. a much cheaper solution than Kpro and a possible solution for 06-07s so ill be looking into this one

Quote from: "timot_one"

oh well,.. a much cheaper solution than Kpro and a possible solution for 06-07s so ill be looking into this one
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 03:29:51 AM »

I just hit the quote button and cut out the fluff.  Let's break it down further, since I misquoted you originally.

Oy just read more on that link definately a different ECU!

Right here it seems that you've either read my earlier post, which was regurgitated from Hondatas page, or you read the info on the Hondata site yourself.

Wait a fucking minute, I guess I was wrong.  He just contradicted himself after saying that he knows the ECU is different from his, he still thinks this is a solution for the 06-07 Accord.  Here's the only way I can translate it into what any logical person see:

"I know it won't work, but it's cheaper than kpro and might work with my car (although there's a good amount of evidence telling me otherwise) so I'm going to be looking into this."

Now, I'm not a wealth of information or whatever misconception you have of me.  However, I am an asshole and will call people on their bullshit.  At the same time, we are here to help educate each other.  I already attempted to point out in my original post about the FlashPro that it would not work based on Hondata's information.  I guess you know more than me and Hondata though.  Good luck with that.

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 06:02:30 AM »

Tim, it may be possible to replace the Accord ECU with one from the SI to make this possible, need to look at the SI ECU pinouts and see how well it does or does not translate.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
BliNx197

BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »

Hahah wow! For the record Tim, I said possible solution, and no that was not fluff and I understand this is not plug and fuckin play. Thanks for misinterpretting, and on another note about 4 years ago someone else would have said similar things as you did about using Kpro on our cars and now what do we do?
We use a harness that one of our members made! Soooo! applying the same formula of running a dual ECU setup one for the engine and one for the rest of the car, (this has been done with ECUs of different designs not sure to the extent of which they are different but worth a look) Lets look at the $$$ break down!

Kpro on a 06-07 Accord!
02-04 RSX-S ECU - $150 (not likely but for the sake of fairness this is the cheapest I saw a FG2 ECU as well)
Kpro - $995 if not already purchasing a kproed ECU
Cham's Harness - $325
o2 Sensor - $150
Other Misc. Items, cable throttle,pedal - $200+
total - $1820 w/o cost of tune

Flashpro possibility on an 06-07 Accord
06+ Civic Si ECU - $150
Flashpro - $795
Custom Harness - $400
Other Misc. Parts prolly o2 sensor and a few others - $400
total - $1745

Thats not even a $100 difference but then again all of these are obviously conservative guesstimates minus the cost of the Flashpro. My point being apparently your giving me less credit in my thought process, but I appreciate you making me go through the entire forumla, as well as explain every bit of research I do, in addition to laying out my plan of attack to make sure it has Tims stamp of approval. From now on lets not try to shoot people's ideas down especially when we do not have all of the information about their projects/plans/resources.

On another note I do appreciate the apology for the misquote, thanks
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »

i think its reasonable to assume that a dual ecu setup is possible with flashpro. use a civic si ecu w/ flashpro to run the motor while your stock ecu runs the hvac and other controls. i would assume that cham or someone else with enough time on their hands could accomplish this.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »

Actually with a newer civic ECU I would not be surprised if all the HVAC and other controls are already on the ECU and it will just need a conversion harness to plug in, time will tell. I will get a suscription for the 06 Civic SI in my alldata account and print off the ecu digram and start looking at the differences to see what can be done.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »

good lookin out paul

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print