Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:07:54 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using 0W-20 oil...  (Read 2604 times)
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2011, 01:30:42 AM »

Another interesting article by HeelToe Auto regarding the use of 0W-20 oil in Hondas and Acuras.  Apparently, Honda sent out official paperwork stating that it is possible.  Check out the diagrams in the article for further clarification.  I just wonder what "milder conditions" entails?

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/pitboard/?p=803&utm_source=Heeltoe+List%3A+Email+Contact+for+specials%2C+new+products%2C+and+news%21&utm_campaign=ffd0817d8c-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:54:33 AM »

That's an interesting chart. Looks like the Si is the only one left that still uses 5W-30. That's what I'm currently using because of the warmer Florida weather.

How much better is 0W-20 compared to 5W-20 on startup? I wonder if 0W-30 would be a good option for protecting at startup and operating temperatures.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »

I remember Rick used 0W20, but he lives in Texas.  I would stick with at least 5W20 in your motor Dave.  Jeff, since you live in a warmer climate, you may get away with 0W20.  I do want to point out that the chart does not list the Accord.  It is not a fair comparison with a TSX since that takes 5W30.  I run 10W30 in my motor right now for the record.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »

Yeh, I figured that "milder conditions" had to do with warmer temps. depending on where people live.  I'd be a little worried about using a 0W oil in the cold New England area.

Tim, the chart actually does list the Accord.  Look at the 2nd chart with all the Hondas, not Acuras.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »

I didn't see the 2nd chart.  I'll have to look again.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012