Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:42:38 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metra Upper dash kit  (Read 61045 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »

man that kinda sad. I want to spray the buttons with glow in the dark paint. lol

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »

Hmm good idea!  I wonder if I can get custom glow in the dark stickers made...  time to google!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2012, 08:58:39 AM »

I'd probably be all over Metra for that one.  What a major fuck up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »

I emailed my two issues to the VP, who forwarded them to customer service, who forwarded them to the engineers.  So three different levels at Metra are aware.

There is a micro B USB connection on the rear of the dash kit for "potential future updates if necessary" so I think if they really wanted to they could fix the climate control issue. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »

Definitely a good option for fixing the climate control issue.  On the other hand, the non-backlit buttons are a bit of a deal breaker for me right now.  I may need to hold off on this until they get that shit figured out.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »

Reply from the designer:

“Either the Auto button or the Fan Up button can be used to go from off to on.  The Rear Defrost button is ignored if the system is not on.”

No word on the buttons yet.  I asked again.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

Good call.  That answer was shitty and vague.  Keep the pressure on those motherfuckers.  I hate when companies try and pull the bait and switch.  You may want to ask simple "yes/no" questions.  Include multiple guess with acceptable answers along with your questions.  Kind of like this:

Are the buttons backlit?
A - Yes
B - No
C - I don't know, so I will pass this along to someone that does.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »

They emailed me back saying that the buttons should light up.  They said the orange/white dimmer shouldn't be taped off.  If that is the case, why do their instructions say the opposite?!  Ranting!

I'll give it one last go this weekend and then I'm putting my dash back together for good, illuminated buttons or no illuminated buttons.   
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »

That's at least good news.  Let us know how it all works out and keep us updated.  If you need any sort of help, feel free to hit me up.

Tim
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »

If it doesn't work maybe you got a defective one? And thanks for all the updates and busting Metra Balls.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »

i would test it using a 12v source against the wires just to make sure they work or not  and nothing is lose

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »

i would test it using a 12v source against the wires just to make sure they work or not  and nothing is lose

That's good advice right there.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »

After hooking up the dimmer wire, we have illumination! 

The buttons light up orange and the hot/cold knob lights up red and blue. 

My lower cubby comes in on Thursday so I can finally put my dash back together this weekend!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2012, 08:13:46 AM »

After hooking up the dimmer wire, we have illumination! 

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »

Nice good work glad it works

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012