Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:52:04 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I seriously cannot take it any more...  (Read 20264 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »

I need to vent. I seriously cannot stand this new trend, fad, whatever the hell you want to call it.

Listen up. Stop !@#$ing installing wheels and tires that are not meant to be on your car. The rim sticking out past the design of the tire is beyond ridiculous and looks simply retarded. If you want a true staggered setup, get a car that can support it. 4 degrees of negative camber so your wheels will tuck. Really? It is just simply unnecessary and unsafe. Not to mention how ridiculous it looks. Sure, many people will say, damn that's slammed, hella flushed, whatever. To this I said, f--- off and stop putting other people in harms way for your stupidity.

I am so sick of people being put in harms way by this utterly ugly and ridiculous practice. This is not directed at anyone in particular, just a rant about this in general. I've said my two cents. I appreciate the forum to allow my voice to be heard.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »

Woah!  Hellaflush hate.  I have to side with you Scott.  The fact that it's a popular trend where the people promoting it are ignorant about how dangerous it is pisses me off.  I'm not into the "look" and think that anyone that promotes fashion over function should have their head examined.  On a happier note, this is my favorite post from an S2000 forum where some guy posted pics of his roommate's Accord sedan thinks he is the "first" person to ever put 10" wide wheels on a 7th Gen.  Here's the thread!

Low offset contet Cheesy

Quote from: "ECale3"
excessive, useless levels of camber - check

wheel setup improperly staggered for the drivetrain of the car - check

Rims far larger than necessary for the mounted tire sizes - check

rims poking out past tire sidewall like a puckered butthole - check

wheel and tire setup that negatively impacts the cars performance - check

Yup, you must be "hella flush approved"

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »

+1
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »

The only place it belongs is on a show car.. Even then I don't like the look.. Like Scott said keep it safe if not for yourself than for us.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:35:27 PM »

I don't like hellaflush either...and I think that it looks like shit when the rears are angles out like that

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »

hellflush = awesome ass rims....   i hate the stretch look tho

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »

it just doesnt sound or look practical.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »

I like, the rim right to the fender, not sticking out any further, without a stretched tire, (I love squared off tires)

that to me is ideal or my idea of "flush"

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:51 PM »

I'm with all of you and the description Asim made is EXACTLY the way the setup should be. Hellaflush is hellretarded because of the reasons Scott said. Good post man. That is why THIS forum is the Accord Performance enthusiast club.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
skizot

skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »

Don't get me started...I might not stop. There are members, even on here, that give the world's most shitty advice on what will fit and how to make it fit. I am literally scared out of my mind that I am driving on the same roads as them. Here is just one example of many.

http://www.hashiriyaexports.com/blog/20 ... -drifting/

Leaving forum before I lose my mind.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »

I hate the whole hella flush look too but what I hate more is putting rims on your car that are worth more than the car. Like when people put big ass rims on old ass shitty domestics. Like crown vics and oldsmobiles

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I hate the whole hella flush look too but what I hate more is putting rims on your car that are worth more than the car. Like when people put big ass rims on old ass shitty domestics. Like crown vics and oldsmobiles

I disagree... I've seen some older Civics with Volk wheels that look amazing, and the wheels are worth more than the car
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 02:47:23 AM »

Quote from: "skizot"
I need to vent. I seriously cannot stand this new trend, fad, whatever the hell you want to call it.

Listen up. Stop !@#$ing installing wheels and tires that are not meant to be on your car. The rim sticking out past the design of the tire is beyond ridiculous and looks simply retarded. If you want a true staggered setup, get a car that can support it. 4 degrees of negative camber so your wheels will tuck. Really? It is just simply unnecessary and unsafe. Not to mention how ridiculous it looks. Sure, many people will say, damn that's slammed, hella flushed, whatever. To this I said, f--- off and stop putting other people in harms way for your stupidity.

I am so sick of people being put in harms way by this utterly ugly and ridiculous practice. This is not directed at anyone in particular, just a rant about this in general. I've said my two cents. I appreciate the forum to allow my voice to be heard.
I'm not going to lie.  For a little bit, I was into looking at cars that were doing the hellaflush setup.   Aggressive wheel fitment is pretty cool, as long as it is done safely.  Some people took it too far and stretched a tire beyond its limits.  That's when I stopped caring about hellaflush because people were unsafely stretching a tire.

In my opinion, hellaflush as a trend is dying.  People are getting over it.  In the US, it's all about reverse staggered setups now.  Sure, reverse stagger has been around for a long time, but it's starting to become big.

I'm all about going with an aggressive wheel, as long as it is safe and doesn't look dumb.  That means a more aggressive wheel than stock that will give you that flush look, but still have a squared tire.

- Mark
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 10:13:40 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Quote from: "wtcii"

I disagree... I've seen some older Civics with Volk wheels that look amazing, and the wheels are worth more than the car

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified myself. I hate it when someone puts 24"s on a 90' Crown Vic. Like when you have to raise the car to put the rims on. That type of wheel worth more than the car.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

yeah it looks like shit. they still have 225 tires on so hangling is not that much better

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012