Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:27:32 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Good Tire Thread**  (Read 59457 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

Thien - I've narrowed it down to one tire - Potenza G019 Grid. It's got a higher treadwear rating than the Fuzions. I hope these last longer.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
Thien - I've narrowed it down to one tire - Potenza G019 Grid. It's got a higher treadwear rating than the Fuzions. I hope these last longer.
Same thing that I'm getting. They come with a 50,000 mile warranty, so that may help a little. I'm still calling around though for prices. The cheapest I've gotten is about $90 a tire for H rated ones.

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2009, 07:56:52 PM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
Quote from: "b_beau_09"
wellll it's time to get new tires.  and after reading through the thread it seems like bfgoodrich are some of the top ones, but they're a bit too much for me.  I'd like to keep it to no more than 150/tire.

Where are you buying tires bro? I got my BFG g-force sports for $96 each in a 235/45/17.  

Checkout http://www.onlinetires.com

damn, not bad at all.  the site crashes my work computer so I'll check it when i get home.  would it be more though for 18's?

-brian
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

What do you guys think of the Goodyear Eage GT? From what I've read it has superior wet and dry handling.

I'm looking for something that is good in both wet/dry conditions. Need some guidance one way or the other.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:05 PM »

Going by Firestone after work to check out all the tires. I could get some Potenzas out the door for under $450. Might go that route, just going to go and line up all the tires and see which one turns me on the most. Smiley
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »

Well, I've been driving on my Potenzas for about 100 miles now, and I love them. Not only do they look good, but they perform good as well. I pushed them pretty hard, and they have yet to squeal.

I'd definitely recommend getting some if the price is right. Last time I checked, to get the OEM Michelin MXV4s was ridiculously expensive, wasn't it?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »

It is and they blow. I squeal the shit out of my tires on highway on/ off ramps all the damn time. Forget wet traction. I'm waiting to wear these down to nothing before getting new tires though. I'd hate to see how much noise the tires would make when I throw on a TL-S RSB and AV6 6MT FSTB.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »

Haha, seconded on the wet traction. On my drive to FSU, I hydroplaned at least 7 times. Good thing we kept going straight, though. Plus, if I ever floored it out of a stoplight, they squealed to kingdom come. I haven't tried it with the Potenzas, but I'm sure that's never going to happen. :P

Wet traction is a big importance to me because of Florida weather. I feel a lot safer with my new tires on now.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

That's good to hear considering I transfer out of here next summer. Its possible I go back to So. Fla, but who knows with the military. Keep us posted on these tires man.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Keep us posted on these tires man.
It rained quite a bit today, and it felt kind of different driving though puddles, in a good way. On my Michelins, any kind of puddle would really slow/drag the car down, but now with the Potenzas, the car pretty much just plows through the puddle with no problem. I drove through some wet windy roads, and they held right on through. I think that the tread design on these tires really helps with wet traction.

As far as noise goes, they're about the same as my old Michelins, if not quieter. I never really paid attention to the noise anyways.

Also, judging from the reviews on Tire Rack, these tires may not be suitable for snowy conditions. For me, however, they were perfect for the situation. I've never seen snow in my life. Tongue

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »

Eh, I'm not too worried about the snow. I know what my car does in the white fluffy stuff. If not, I've got a helicopter pad I can slide around on. Good report though Jeff.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2009, 10:28:04 PM »

Another thing I noticed when we had torrential rain this weekend, is that when going through decently sized puddles (6-7" deep puddle that's like 6x6'), the water like shoots out in front of the tires as well as going out the sides of the car. I thought it was pretty neat considering the fact that my Michelins never did that, they just sort of threw water out the sides. Seems to me like that more water it can get away from under the tire, the easier job it'll have at getting a grip on the road. I approve of this, lol.

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
What do you guys think of the Goodyear Eage GT? From what I've read it has superior wet and dry handling.

I'm looking for something that is good in both wet/dry conditions. Need some guidance one way or the other.

I looked hard at the Eagle GT too.  On paper it looks good...but I've heard that they wear out somewhat quickly.  Definitely not a bad tire, but living in AL you could get a better performing summer tire for less money.  What is your budget? The BFG gforce sports and Yoko S.drives are about $100 each.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »

I'm looking for a set of tires for one of our cars. I need a 235/55/18. Our main concern is ride comfort/noise with a good utqg at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations. A good price would help too, dont know if any of you guys can get discounts. My dad is an engineer for a tire company but only gets discounts on two sets of tires per year and those are already used up. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:56 PM »

I suggest the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Tires aren't cheap in that size. In my area, those tires are close to $200 a tire, but they are a great all season tire. They also give awesome ride comfort. I just put a set on my new CR-V, and I have driven on other cars with them. My customer loves how they ride. Its really smooth, and it has almost zero road noise.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012