Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:37:50 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RL 4 Piston Caliper Mod  (Read 25515 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:47:11 AM »

The costs are about the same a a wilwood kit, but the RL calipers are much beefier as well as the rotors being rotora 12.8"

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »

i saw some calipers on xl last night for <200. came with pads.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
05AccordV6

Reputation Power: 10
05AccordV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
The costs are about the same a a wilwood kit, but the RL calipers are much beefier as well as the rotors being rotora 12.8"

I have the Rotora BBK on my car, the rotors really are great, I love my kit.

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »

Looks like fastbrakes removed that item. I wonder what happened.

ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
Looks like fastbrakes removed that item. I wonder what happened.

they couldnt really get it 2 work, it didnt fit right

they were using 350z rotors which were 2 thick u couldnt fit the caliper once the pads were on there
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:42 AM »

Ahhhhh. Scumbags

kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »

paul installed the RL's on my car... theyre working well.. i paired them to rotora 13" rotors.

i picked up the calipers for 200 shipped on ebay.. grinded off the acura logo and powdercoated them, then picked up EBC yellowstuff pads. so far so good!

i believe paul still has the caliper bracket measurements for anyone looking to go this route
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 12:02:39 AM »

Looks good.  Makes me want to ditch my Legend calipers and get these instead.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »

Just an update on this one.  I ended up getting the RL calipers Adi had and the brackets Paul made for him.  I have the exact same set up as kSchwiggy has.  Problem is that they don't clear my wheels.  I had to take them off and put my Legend calipers and rotors back on so I could drive my car.  It looks like I will need to get spacers for the spokes of my Buddy Club's.  I'm also going to sell my TL's since the diameter is too small to clear the calipers.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
JDMJNKY

Reputation Power: 2
JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »

yum...this is in my future Smiley

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

Tim what rotors did you end up going with?  I'm thinking about ditching my wilwood kit for these.  Nothing but problems with the wilwood kit so far.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »

Pretty sure Tim's Rotors are Rotora. RL calipers on Tim's car looking SICK! I saw them Saturday night they are fucking huge!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »

Sorry to hear that man.  I know Paul has the Willwood kit and likes it.  I have the Rotora rotors (don't know the part numbers or fittment off hand).  I'm not really into the slotted design and will end up replacing the rotors with blanks when I have time to research and find some. 

Tim
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 01:17:11 PM »

Do you know what size they are? 

Paul's wilwood kit is much better then mine.  His came with the older larger caliper where as mine came with the newer slimmer calipers which are a POS.  Plus he had his own mounting bracket whereas I had to use the shitty one Fastbrakes sent me and 6-8 spacers to get it to fit.  The front rotors just warped and that is the last straw for me.  If anyone sees a pair of 05+ RL calipers on ebay for cheap, let me know!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »

It seems that the calipers are solid, but the brackets and rotors suck.  I'd consider bringing your business to Paul since he's local enough to you.  I'm sure he could machine a better mounting bracket for you and could give you a good suggestion on better rotors.  He's a good resource to have locally.  You may end up saving a few bucks keeping your calipers and just getting better components to compliment them. 

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012