Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:50:01 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 03 - 05 to 06 - 07 coupe rear end conversion  (Read 8987 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 07:46:52 AM »

I'll proabably hold off until I feel that car needs to be repainted at that point at least the paint work is already being done so I can justify it a little bit.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »

Mike and derrick are both right. I'd have to be rear-ended (god forbid) in order to justify such a costly cosmetic mod. Otherwise, I am very pleased with my rear end. It flows to my taste.

Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »

the 06-07 coupe rear bumper has less rounded off corners (more rectangular) than the earlier bumper i believe. this would most likely cause gaps which are already present on the exact edges i'm talking about on my unconverted 7.5 gen coupe.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 08:07:55 PM »

Whats the difference besides the tail lights?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 12:21:13 AM »

there's a third brake light on the trunk, and the trunk lid itself has a much steeper slope if you look right around the honda symbol. It's almost like a decklid spoiler is built into the 06-07 trunk lid when compared to the 03-05 coupes. the tail lights also have an edge in them that makes them line up with the trunk lid, while 03-05 tails are all curved. the bumper as i said before is also less curved, and has sharper curves on the sides.

one day i'll post a whole thread on the differences between the 03-05 cars and the 06-07 cars with pictures and all. it will be stickied. lol
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

I can provide the 03-05 photos for your considering our cars are the same color it would be an interesting compairison.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
the 06-07 coupe rear bumper has less rounded off corners (more rectangular) than the earlier bumper i believe. this would most likely cause gaps which are already present on the exact edges i'm talking about on my unconverted 7.5 gen coupe.

Well contrary to popular belief, it DOES fit seamlessly. I just got PM back from the guy on V6P that posted this picture.

Just put my order in although the extra $50 kinda sucked.

Look out for a 03-05 rear coupe lip in the classifieds soon sedan owners!  8-)

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »

Now I want an 06-07 coupe rear lip!!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »

I do likes thattttt!!!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »

Nice find JT!

I wonder if the rear bumper is interchangeable without having to change the tails and trunk lid?  I looked at a few pics of the two and it looks like there are only very minor minor differences. It looks like the little edge in the middle of the bumper on the 03-05s is what makes them line up. The 06-07 coupe's sticks out a little more but don't have that raised edge where the lip goes along.

check it out:

03-05
06-07

See what i mean?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »

If this was the case just the trunk and tails should work also without doing the bumper.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »

I think it will fit, but not align. Does that make sense? If you look at the top of the 03-05 trunk edge, it's curvy to match the curviness of the 03-05 tailights. However in the 06-07 style, the top of the trunk has a sharper edge to meet the more agressive, sharper top edge of the 06-07 tailights. Maybe that's what you were trying to say Steve not sure. Let me know.

Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 11:14:14 PM »

you're right jt, the 06-07 tails have a sharper curve from the top to the sides. i dunno what i was smoking when i was wondering about them being interchangeable.

But what i was talking about is if you look at the bumper of the 03-05 coupe about halfway between the trunk and the exhaust cutouts there is like a line that isn't there on the 06-07s. I'm guessing that part that sticks out on the 03-05 is what makes the 06-07 lip work.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012