Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:50:40 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G35 Wheel Opinions  (Read 15456 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »

Hey guys, the girl I'm seeing right now is going to be purchasing a 2007 G35 Coupe...and wants me to modify her car for her.  Of course I am more than happy to oblige, and while most parts I have found are straight forward...I am having trouble deciding which wheels.  She has given me free range, and as she has already approved all of the choice below I need opinions on which will look best.  I am going to go (J D M) style with this car so please keep that in mind.  

The car is Caribbean Blue:

The general wheel format is going to be:
Front: 18x7.5
Rear: 18x8.5
Staggered Setup, dropped on Tein S-Tech springs (1.2" F, .9" R)

Lemme know what you think:
Ti-5 (Black w/ Neo Chro Lip)

Ti-5 (Gold w/ Neo Chro Lip)

Ti-5 (Gunmetal w/ Neo Chro Lip)

XXR 962

5-zigen GNplus

XXR 6 (Black w/ Blue Anonized Lip) (She liked them bc they were "cute")

Enkei GW8 (Black w/ Chrome Accents)

Verde Kaos (Black w/ Chrome Lip)

Tenzo TracerV2

OK thats all.  Opinions are welcome and appreciated!  You can vote 3 times so everyone please give me your top 3!

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »

Out of all those wheel choices, I like none of them.  In my opinion, they won't look that good on that car.

The G35 has so much potential for wheel fitment, why are you going with those sizes?  I would run wider wheels with some nice size tires.

- Mark
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »

Well unfortunately budget is also an issue....otherwise believe me Volks, Rays, and Gram Lights would be in the picture.  The sizes are up for debate as long as I can keep in UNDER $2,000

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

Since you're asking for opinions, I think all of those wheels are butt ugly.  Tell your girl to save her money and buy something good, and not go cheap on wheels.  Only wheel whores that change their rims every other week buy garbage wheels.  If you want a real J.D.M. look, I'd go with  a set of NISMO LMGT4's

or the old J.D.M. standby Volk TE37's.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »

Quote from: "Accord Euro-R"
Well unfortunately budget is also an issue....otherwise believe me Volks, Rays, and Gram Lights would be in the picture.  The sizes are up for debate as long as I can keep in UNDER $2,000
$2k for wheels or wheels and tires?

You can find some nice sets of wheels for under or about $2k if you're willing to buy used.

Honestly, stock will look way better than any of the wheels that have been pictured above.

I would save the money until you can pick up something nice.  I'd also look into running at least a 9.5" or 10" wheel in the rear, and at least a 9" wheel in the front.  255 width tire in the front, 275 width tire in the rear.  If you can get 10.5" or 11" wheels, you can push upwards of a 285 or 295.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »

To be honest why would you replace stock wheels made by Volk for any of that shit? I 100% agree with Tim on the Nismo's, and I saw them posted somewhere recently pretty cheap. Where escapes me but, they were within your buget.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »

Thanx for the advice guys.  I talked to her and she doesn't mind going to a bigger wheel, and she up-ed the budget a tiny bit to $2500.  I found that all the Ti-5 wheels (the first 3) come in a staggered setup of:

Front: 19x9.5
Rear: 19x10.5

Any clue as to what tire size I need for those? Every "package" site I have been to for those says call for tire prices.

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »

Keep the stock wheels....I've seen them in person and they look damn good.  They look better than all of your after-market options.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:55:16 PM »

Don't get those Ti-5 wheels.  They're fucking ugly.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Don't get those Ti-5 wheels.  They're fucking ugly.
I agree.  Definite downgrade.  And if you're actually going to be putting those wheels on her car, she deserves a better boyfriend.

- Mark
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »

I agree with everyone else. Stick with OEM wheels, and instead maybe get a drop or something.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

If you had to choose any one of those options, I'd say the 5-Zigens. Definite fuck no to the others. I like te Te37's Tim posted but I'm partial to the GT-P's. Honestly, stick with the oem wheels and go for a solid suspension setup with that budget. If she's adamant about changing the wheels, PC the OEM's to satiate her desire to change them. And definitely don't allow "cute" wheels. If my wife ever told me that shit, I wouldn't bother looking at those EVER.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »

Fuck that shit man.  Cute wheels are the balls.  I still want to get those Ronal teddy bear wheels for Robyn's Fit.

Tim
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »

i like the ti-5 golds

phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »

those enkei's look sick!! i actually am considering those without those chrome pieces damn. unique. enkei is always the sickest with unique ideas

CM82
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012