Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:47:03 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project "Uberflush" Stage 3: Pic Update: 11/15/09  (Read 17435 times)
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »

They are getting mounted and balanced as we speak. They go on the car tonight.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »

Those things are wide as fuck! Are you pulling your fenders more?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

The weapons are 265's, so I doubt any modification will be needed.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »

Didn't want to continue the unsafe driving on 225 tires and 9.5" rims, so decided on new setup with same wheels. Gonna move the +23's to the rear with 255/35/18's, and add about a degree of camber so they clear no problem. For the front I am getting 18x8 +30 and keeping the 225/40/18s on them.

So for all you hellaflush junkies, lookout for 2EA 18x9.5 +15 MB Battles in Bronze in the classifieds for hellacheap soon.

Taking thoughts and opinions on my new choice for setup...

Thanks,
-JT

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »

Sounds a bit safer to me.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 03:56:23 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Sounds a bit safer to me.

Discount Tire Direct is taking the 2 wheels back without a restocking charge. This made me  :mrgreen:

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »

That's pretty badass.  I need new tires for my TL's.  I've gotta put those motherfuckers on my car soon since the winter is coming.  Hopefully the new set up will be a bit safer.  What are the full specs of the new wheel and tire set up?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »

That's pretty badass.  I need new tires for my TL's.  I've gotta put those motherfuckers on my car soon since the winter is coming.  Hopefully the new set up will be a bit safer.  What are the full specs of the new wheel and tire set up?

You're gonna go with regular all-seasons or winter, Tim?

My new specs:
Front: 225/40/18 Falken FK452 on MB Battle (Bronze) 18x8 +30mm
Rear: 255/35/18 Falken FK452 on MB Battle (Bronze) 18x9.5 +23mm

I expect this to be safer since the tires sit on the rims more adequately.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »

I'm going to be running all seasons.  I wouldn't mind picking up a set of winter tires though.  I think I'd run 215/50/17's on the TL's if I bought a set.  I just can't justify the expense.

Tim
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »

I'm going to be running all seasons.  I wouldn't mind picking up a set of winter tires though.  I think I'd run 215/50/17's on the TL's if I bought a set.  I just can't justify the expense.

215/50/17's are the proper size for winter setups since they are narrower, no?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

Yeah, it's best to go with a narrower tire on snow so you have less of a contact patch.

Tim
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

Yeah, it's best to go with a narrower tire on snow so you have less of a contact patch.

Same thing I heard. Also Tim, the setup I am going with fill be financially sound, as tire costs will be cheaper than uberwides.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »

Quick question, why is when people get a staggered set of rims on a front wheels drive car, the put the wider ones in the back, never made any sense to me. Is it just for looks? Wider wheels on the front wheels would make more sense, no?

OT- Your new setup sounds nice! GL and post up more god damn pics :lol: .

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
Quick question, why is when people get a staggered set of rims on a front wheels drive car, the put the wider ones in the back, never made any sense to me. Is it just for looks? Wider wheels on the front wheels would make more sense, no?

OT- Your new setup sounds nice! GL and post up more god damn pics :lol: .

Its definitely for looks. Though, now that I think about it, if you look at it from a road course sort of view, if you have wider tires in the rear on a car that has been setup suspension wise with more oversteer it'll actually help with giving a more neutral feel. With drag however, you want the wider tires in front for traction where the power is put down.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Z said it correctly. Straight line racing favors a wide tire where the torque wheels are at. It's not suitable for road course since it will cause oversteer.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012