Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:02:22 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiberglass Sub Box...  (Read 2826 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »

I have a 10" Kenwood sub ready to be put in my trunk. The only problem is that I do not want to sacrifice trunk space. Of course that means going down the route of fiberglass... I found this http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36873 and it seems like a great resource. I would also like to ask you guys for your takes on doing custom enclosures with fiberglass, and if it is as easy as they make it look on that link.. I want to do this myself or with some help because I would like to learn something while I do it and save a few bucks. I found a site that sells them for 7th gen coupes for 250... Which in my opinion is not worth it for a box... I would appreciate if you guys could post some pics of your setups if you have them.

http://www.lightav.com/car/boxes/bassfo ... ccord.html That's the link to where they are selling the box, if anyone wants to know....

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:31 PM »

Tim has a thread in the custom fabrication section found here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=79
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »

Oh, now I feel quite stupid. Please delete this if you think it's necessary.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
Oh, now I feel quite stupid. Please delete this if you think it's necessary.

didn't mean it that way, but just want to let you know we have that kind of section here. up to the mods in terms of what they want to do with this thread.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »

Well I was directing it towards admins mainly... lol Cheesy

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »

This isn't a bad idea if you're looking for advice.  If I've learned anything, you need to remember that just because you're using fiberglass, you still need to adhere to proper enclosure design rules.  If your enclosure is the correct volume, it will sound just as good as a MDF box.  Another great thing about using fiberglass, is that a fiberglass enclosure appears to be larger than a MDF enclosure of the same internal volume, so you can make it the box even smaller than you could when using MDF.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012