Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:06:12 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of After Market Look--> Which morphed into I need BASS  (Read 9349 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »

Don't spend the money for the Dynamat name.  You can go on eBay and buy B Quiet Extreme and Ultimate for way less directly from the company.  The seller is acurael on eBay.  They sell Extreme (45 mil/1.15 mm thick) 50 feet for $89.99 or 100 feet for $134.99 or Ultimate (60 mil/1.6 mm thick) 50 feet for $134.99 or 100 feet for $239.99.  It's shipped for free and it comes with a roller.  If you were closer, I would help you out with the install.  I can give you pointers on doing this though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 01:35:28 AM »

Supposedly Dynamat is 10x more effective than "copymats", but that's just what it says on the box... :lol:
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »

use live and save 12%

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »

Ahh Tim, Mississippi is to far. J/k. Ill take you up on the pointers though. I'll probably do the 100 ft of ultimate. I take it you have the "copy mat", so it must not suck, or you wouldnt be suggesting it., I hope...

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
Supposedly Dynamat is 10x more effective than "copymats", but that's just what it says on the box... :lol:
According to the B Quiet Ultimate listing on ebay its more effective than dynamat....

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

Yeah, it's just a nice marketing ploy.  It doesn't make sense that it could be 10x more effective when it's the same exact thing and uses the same exact principles.  When it comes down to it, you "dynamat" panels to increase mass and lower their resonant frequency and also absorb unwanted noise (backwaves from the speakers and external road noise).

One company is going to say the other company sucks and blah blah blah.  They're all the same product.  Get the least expensive sound deadening material available.  Make sure that it's designed for an automotive application though.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

the rear-view mirror mount to keep it from rattling

How did that work?  My rear-view mirror vibrates and rattles like crazy and I've been trying go think up an easy way to fix it.  Wouldn't happen to have any pictures of it would you?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »

I think I might have just solved my bass problem. I did some research and found out what each setting did on the Audio adjustment menu. I found the HPF setting. It is if I have a sub and dont want bass coming out of my speakers. I'm sure you all knew what that was, but back to what i was talking about. For some reason the HPF was set really low so that only the high signals would go to my speakers and the lows would go to my mythical sub. So when i would try to turn the bass up on the h/u, it would put more bass to the high signal, hence the distortion. I think that is right. Regardless of if my theory  is correct i have all the bass that i want now. I will still probably do the dynamat if it will cut down on road noise.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

I don't even know where to start on this one.  To put it as simply as possible, your h/u was not set properly and you changed the crossover point on your speakers.  Not sure what you changed it from or to, but hopefully it's better now.

Tim
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Don't spend the money for the Dynamat name.  You can go on eBay and buy B Quiet Extreme and Ultimate for way less directly from the company.  The seller is acurael on eBay.  They sell Extreme (45 mil/1.15 mm thick) 50 feet for $89.99 or 100 feet for $134.99 or Ultimate (60 mil/1.6 mm thick) 50 feet for $134.99 or 100 feet for $239.99.  It's shipped for free and it comes with a roller.  If you were closer, I would help you out with the install.  I can give you pointers on doing this though.

+1.  Stay away from the extreme, but the ultimate is pretty good.  I have it and the company that makes it is based in Lethbridge, AB, Canada.  I picked mine up directly from them.  The foil is really thin on it though so you'll have even better success with Second Skin Damplifier Pro.  Second skin probably makes the best sound deadening/insulation products you can buy at a reasonable price.  They are not only better than dynamat extreme, but cheaper.  secondskinaudio.com is the place to get it and I highly recommend it if you can afford it.  The b-quite is a really good alternative though as is sticks really well and is very good value.  You can order it from http://www.b-quiet.com or ebay, but you'll likely need twice as much b-quiet as damplier pro to accomplish the same amount of deadening.  In sharp contast, you need ~1.5x as much b-quite as dynamat extreme to do the same job.

Quote from: "wtcii"
I think I might have just solved my bass problem. I did some research and found out what each setting did on the Audio adjustment menu. I found the HPF setting. It is if I have a sub and dont want bass coming out of my speakers. I'm sure you all knew what that was, but back to what i was talking about. For some reason the HPF was set really low so that only the high signals would go to my speakers and the lows would go to my mythical sub. So when i would try to turn the bass up on the h/u, it would put more bass to the high signal, hence the distortion. I think that is right. Regardless of if my theory  is correct i have all the bass that i want now. I will still probably do the dynamat if it will cut down on road noise.

For road noise, look into a noise barrier for on the floor.  Put lots of dynamat/b-quite ultimate, damplier in the doors and rear quarter panels, rear deck, and fenders, and put a noise barrier on the floor(It's damped pretty good already).  Some noise barrier to look into include:
Luxery Liner:
http://secondskinaudio.com/noise-barrie ... ategory=72
V-comp:
http://www.b-quiet.com/vcomp.html
Linolium (whatever kind you can find cheap) glued onto a foam or cloth underlay.  You can make this yourself.  I'd recommend using nothing thicker than 1/8-1/4" as my 3/8" underlay made it difficult go get some the interior back in properly.

Put a lot of sound absorbant material behind the kick panels.

Sound aborbers include:
1. Pretty much any foam designed for the purpose (ensolite, etc)
2. Sound deadening carpet underlay.  This is the multicoured stuff that is found in most older (and many modern) cars and is very effective at reducing airborn noise.  It is also cheap and can probably be found at your local hardware store.  This is what I used in my car in 3/8" form.  I then purchased some linolium roll ends and glued it on top of the underlay..  This acted as an extremely effective noise barrier for a very reasonable price.
3. low expansion expanding foam.  Only use this if you know what your doing as using two much will result in metal/plasic bending or breaking.  Don't ever use high expansion foam in your car as then your definatly run into problems.  This is ideal for use behind your kick panels.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:01:44 PM by Sworkhard » Logged

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Ahh Tim, Mississippi is to far. J/k. Ill take you up on the pointers though. I'll probably do the 100 ft of ultimate. I take it you have the "copy mat", so it must not suck, or you wouldnt be suggesting it., I hope...

According to the B Quiet Ultimate listing on ebay its more effective than dynamat....

It's more effective than dynamat, but not dynamat extreme.  2 layers is more effective and still cheaper than dynamat extreme though.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:38 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"

How did that work?  My rear-view mirror vibrates and rattles like crazy and I've been trying go think up an easy way to fix it.  Wouldn't happen to have any pictures of it would you?

Took off the rear-view mirror by sliding the base forward and then stuck some dynamat under the little metal bars that hold the circular part of the mirror base to the windshield clip. I don't have pics but I could take some and post them up.
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 07:57:44 AM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"

Took off the rear-view mirror by sliding the base forward and then stuck some dynamat under the little metal bars that hold the circular part of the mirror base to the windshield clip. I don't have pics but I could take some and post them up.

I would appreciate it if you could.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012