Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:22:19 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of After Market Look--> Which morphed into I need BASS  (Read 9346 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-7000BT and I love it, just not the way it looks. I think I am going to scrap that, replace the cubby and do a factory radio signal processor like a clean sweep. Does anyone have experience with these. I am looking for suggestions.
I am happy with the sound quality, for what I spent, but I also wish I had more thump. I would like to increase the level of bass without a sub because my Dad is being a Nazi and will not allow me to get one. I may replace speakers depending upon what you all say.
My Current Speaker Set Up:
Front
Polk Audio DB651- 180 watt Peak, 60 Watt RMS, Frequency Response 35Hz-22KHz, sensitivity 92dB, impedance 4 ohms (6.5")
RearPolk Audio DB691- 300 watt Peak, 100 Watt RMS, Frequency Response 35Hz-22KHz, sensitivity 93dB, impedance 4 ohms (6"x9")
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for sub, amp, wiring, speakers, anything really. I want to spend $1000.00 max. I don't mind if I get to spend less though....
Thanks
Pictures, not that they really matter.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:43:46 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

Anyone? Cough....Tim...cough

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:21 AM »

I'm not Tim but, I've seen his answer to this question a couple of times. He's probably going to suggest the Audio control LC7 or LC6i which can be found here.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/O ... ation.html

As for Bass it's tough to increase the low end without adding a sub.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:02:49 PM »

Replacing your aftermarket h/u for the OEM h/u with a LOC/audio processor is definitely a downgrade.  If you do this and expect to improve sound quality, you're going to be disappointed.  Usually, people do the opposite of what you want to do because they realize the sound quality from the OEM h/u sucks donkey dick.  But, you can go ahead and do what you want with this.  If you are seriously asking for an honest opinionn and are willing to take advice given, instead of just looking for validation on something you want to do, don't replace your aftermarket h/u.

On the topic of using aftermarket speakers in the factory locations and improving bass without a sub, there are a few things you can do, but you will never get the response that you would if you were using a subwoofer.  What I would suggest is to dynamat your doors and seal any of the holes in the actual door frame with the dynamat.  You should do the same with your rear deck also.  The next thing you can do is to seal the speakers with a gasket of some sort.  You can use double sided tape, strip caulk, or closed cell foam (never use open cell foam) to seal the speaker.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:10:17 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Replacing your aftermarket h/u for the OEM h/u with a LOC/audio processor is definitely a downgrade.  If you do this and expect to improve sound quality, you're going to be disappointed.  Usually, people do the opposite of what you want to do because they realize the sound quality from the OEM h/u sucks donkey dick.  But, you can go ahead and do what you want with this.  If you are seriously asking for an honest opinionn and are willing to take advice given, instead of just looking for validation on something you want to do, don't replace your aftermarket h/u.

On the topic of using aftermarket speakers in the factory locations and improving bass without a sub, there are a few things you can do, but you will never get the response that you would if you were using a subwoofer.  What I would suggest is to dynamat your doors and seal any of the holes in the actual door frame with the dynamat.  You should do the same with your rear deck also.  The next thing you can do is to seal the speakers with a gasket of some sort.  You can use double sided tape, strip caulk, or closed cell foam (never use open cell foam) to seal the speaker.

You continue to amaze me! What a lame Tim type response by me. Did I at least suggest the right product?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

You didn't really say anything wrong Mike.  For anyone that is starting out with an OEM h/u, the AudioControl stuff is pretty nice.  It's just not as good as an aftermarket h/u.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 04:40:43 PM »

With that said I will be keeping my h/u and learn to like it. If I upgraded my front speakers to components will that improve bass. I planned to do the dynamat but will I notice a difference with the upgraded speakers? Thanks!

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »

If you re-read my post, I never said anything about upgrading your speakers from coaxials to components.

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:34 PM »

I know. I was asking. I guess you would have mentioned it if they would. I'm just trying to think of anything to improve my bass. I figured since components had a dedicated Woofer and tweeter I thought that the bass might be improved.I am probably just showing my ignorance though. I will definately do the dynamat, I just am trying to think of something. It seems like when I put any bass on the speakers it just gets really distorted. I figured that it was the speakers. Maybe my settings are just screwed up, I use the preset ones though.

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »

It's probably the way you have your stereo set up and they may be underpowered.  Component speakers are definitely better than coaxials for imaging.  A good 6.5" midbass woofer is definitely ideal, but most people don't actually want to invest the time and money into a good high end audio system.  Instead they want a simple drop in solution to replace the factory equipment, which usually means they just reuse the factory location.  Factory location means that your speakers are aimed at your shins.

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »

I don't really want to reconfigure the position of my speakers. If I was able to coherse my Dad into a small sub, what would you all suggest. I'm think definately powered if that helped. I noticed Rick had a Bazooka. Maybe he will chime in at some point, not sure if he gets on much, about what he thought about it. I have also heard of the infiniti basslink. Any other suggestions/recomendations? I think that a small sub would cut it for me and it would have a better chance getting by my dad because it has less capabilties.

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

Most people aren't willing to add kick pods in their cars, so I assumed that already.  I know that Rick is very happy with the stereo set up he had in his Accord.  You could do that, or you could go with a small sub like a single 8" or single 10" sub in a properly built enclosure.

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

Well I spoke with my dad today and I have a snow balls chance in hell of getting a sub. I'm just going to do the dynamat. I think I'm going to put dynamat every where. I'm going to put extra on the doors and speaker deck. I doubt I'll do the head liner though. Thanks for all the help!

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »

I found 72 square feet of Dynamat for $289.00. Is that a good deal? I am almost positive that is more than enough to do doors, floor, and under the rear seat. What else is required to do the installation? Is the install easy? Will I actually be able to tell a difference?

Bill C.
SECM member
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »

I have Dynamat throughout my car (doors, trunk lid, rear deck, and the rear-view mirror mount to keep it from rattling) and am going to start getting deeper into sound dampening soon. I have the Dynamat Extreme skin. I'm going to be adding Dynaliner and possible Dynapad. I highly recommend Dynamat products I did notice a difference not inside of my car but outside. There are a lot less rattles and a lot of the sound gets blocked out.

However, many of Dynamat's products are designed for high SPL systems and only when you have a system that is pumping out a lot of watts with high sound pressure levels will you truly notice a difference. Dynamat in itself will not improve the bass from your speakers.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012