Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Philly Steve's Custom Trunk Build  (Read 12380 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »

should be soon Tim, I would suspect. :D
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

looking forward to see the pics :)

Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »

Yes he made the enclosures to their exact specs for a sealed box (2.0 cubic feet per sub)

The Capacitor and Circuit breakers are flush mounted to pieces of wood on the sides of the amp rack and are pushed into slots on the sides of the box for easy removal.
There is a panel that is easily removable that covers up the wires and makes the two main amps look flush.
A third amp is mounted on the back of the amp rack and is not visible.
Should I need to get my spare, I just remove the panel, then remove two screws holding the amp rack to the box, remove the panels that make the box look flush (attached via velcro), unscrew the box from the floor, and remove it. A total of 3 screws and I can remove everything pretty easily.
He left a space between the top of the box and the top of the trunk for air to flow into the cabin. That way the sound isn't blocked by the panels.

Finally some pictures:

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »

Nice...  That has to  :shock: hit hard because look at the space it's taking up.  Can't wait to hear it...

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"
Nice...  That has to  :shock: hit hard because look at the space it's taking up.  Can't wait to hear it...

dude...before i even turn it up to full power my rear view mirror is rendered useless by my windshield flex pushing it upwards. Not that I need it that loud all the time, but I like to shut people down when they've bumping some shitty system. lol

i gotta get some more detailed pics up. it's really pretty intricate. the guy did a great job for the price IMO. ended up spending a total of $400.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »

That's gotta make some serious noise congrats!!!
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »

Seriously. Sometimes the simple box, with the right dimensions make the best sound. Almost every system I have ever designed and built, has been a basic box, with the right enclosure size and have always slammed. Can't wait to hear it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:05:56 PM by skizot » Logged
Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 11:53:34 PM »

Keep in mind that the box is smaller than it appears. The panels go all the way to the edges of the trunk.
That being said, yes, the enclosure is perfect for those subs. When push the cone in slowly and then release, it comes back out niiiice and slow. The guy definitely knew what he was doing. Except he told me it's easier to blow a sub by under powering it than by overpowering it...to which I said "if that were the case I'd blow my subs every time the volume was down".... but otherwise he did a good job.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 12:09:49 AM »

The output of your amps should be matched to the power handling of your subs, is what the installer was trying to tell you.  It has nothing to do with when you turn the volume down.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »

damnnn.....thats a big box and subs...i bet it sounds awesome....what if you wanna make a trip and need the trunk??  can you take it out??

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »

Quote from: "driveaccord"
damnnn.....thats a big box and subs...i bet it sounds awesome....what if you wanna make a trip and need the trunk??  can you take it out??

Here's your answer.

Quote from: "Philly Steve"
Should I need to get my spare, I just remove the panel, then remove two screws holding the amp rack to the box, remove the panels that make the box look flush (attached via velcro), unscrew the box from the floor, and remove it. A total of 3 screws and I can remove everything pretty easily.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

^^^im an idiot...sorry for not reading ahead of time.......looks good steve

Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »

ironically one of my tires started losing air yesterday and i found out just how easy it is to take apart....took me around an hour and a half to take everything apart and put it back together. I left my spare out for 'weight reduction' for now. might end up mounting more amps where it used to be.
Jade06

Reputation Power: 0
Jade06 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »

Nice setup! I like it.

Philly Steve

Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »

Again, the box is made to the optimum specifications of the subwoofers. The black carpeted parts are the panels, not the box itself. I actually store my car washing supplies behind the panels on the sides of the box, along with my lug nut wrench. It does look like a lot of box, but it's really a lot of hidden storage.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012