Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:52:15 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: orange display on radio  (Read 8089 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »

has anyone modified there radio unit display to be orange.? i think the cheapest way would be to put an orange film on the display. but i cant find the film anywhere.
OR to change the led(s) to orange. but might be too big of a mod

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:17:07 PM »

The display that has the numbers and time and what not?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:48:01 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
The display that has the numbers and time and what not?

yes. i want that orange. im thinking of just tinting it (which is hard considering the fact i cant find that type of film anywhere) to be easier. but if i had a DIY to change the bulb i would consider that too

mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:14 AM »

hmm, there was an old diy by shon.nv about how to slip a piece of tint film behind it to make it blue, so im guessing you can do the same if you find orange tint

try searching on v6p for the "dash color change" or "dash tint" thread or something by him

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:32 AM »

I dont think changing the LED's sounds very easy to do. I would probably try to find this film.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I dont think changing the LED's sounds very easy to do. I would probably try to find this film.

Correct, there is no bulb that you can just change to change the color to orange.  I would suggest getting an orange or amber tint film.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"

no changing led, when tim showed me circuit board, there is about 20 white leds mounted on top where lcd for head unit is. so even though its possible to change those, you would need to change resistors as well and usualy orange leds run at 2.4 to about 3.0V, whites are 3.4-3.8 or so if you put orange once they might burn out couse they would be getting more power. not 100% sure on that though

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »

Here is the DIY http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138131
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 10:10:57 PM »

Good find Rolo.  I'm not sure if you need to pull out the lense though.  I'll take a look at one of my extra h/u covers when I have time.

Tim
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »

Isn't there a stock headunit that actually lights up orange with black letters instead of black with white letters? I KNOW i've seen it somewhere. because there's also the green with black letters. i'm thinking it's probably on the lower trims like DX or LX

heres the green one im talking about looks like its only a 1 CD deck not a 6 cd changer

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »

that looks like 7.5 gen. so maybe they changed it. maybe hybrid has green display?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »

Here's some input: My car, which is an 07 LX (4cyl) comes factory with the orange display.  I believe that all of the 7.5 LX's come factory with the orange display.

My dash: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/be ... C01460.jpg
My friend's dash: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/be ... C01462.jpg

I hope that helps.

v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »

^or canadian/early euro version.  its a kph speedo, not mph.  the article was very non-specific

on the upside, it looks like the HU display is real easy to do.  i have some orange film i picked up a while back for my headlights.  i use it once a year to pass inspections ;)

J u s t i n
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »

well that sucks. i never new that i thought all 7th gen had black screens. :(

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »

I believe the LX is green, and the EX is blueish. All of the buttons on the raido in my ex light up ornageish red but the screen is self is like a pale blue/white.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012