Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:53:53 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881593 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4185 on: January 03, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »

Drove to southern Indiana to drop my block off to ERL Performance to have them machine, sleeve and assemble the short block.

Nice
Daheavyking
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Daheavyking pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »

Gave it an oil change looked at the bill for the satalite radio and punched my pillow.  I didn't want to break my hand .  They raised the price a whole $1.54 mad
lol..

but seriously, if you call them and threaten to cancel, they'll usually offer you promotions to keep you.

Really?!  I'm going to do it tomorrow.  Hope they don't call my bluff.  I looooooovvvveeeee satalit radio!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4187 on: January 04, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »

let me know your results I might do the same.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 04, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »

My power locks were acting up the other day, first they didn't wanna unlock and then they were really slow like they didn't have enough power or something... hope it's not the battery again... I just replaced it within the last year... Oh well, it's been fine since.

Airbag light came on again but it's back off, I'll wait til either of then become a problem before doing anything... lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4189 on: January 04, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »

You probably need to grease your locks man.  The airbag light will become a more consistent problem, but it doesn't always happen.  I've found that if it comes on, just shut your car off and re-start it to clear it and get the light off.  Obviously, this is a temporary solution so your srs works when you're driving.  The only way you're going to fix this is to replace the seat belt buckle on your seat.  It's just a matter of when you want to pony up and buy the part, then get off your ass to do the work.  What you're doing right now is the equivalent of just putting air in a tire that has a slow leak, instead of getting the tire plugged or replaced.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »

Oh I know, I just got bigger fish to fry, let stop putting money into the car and get the CC gone, but I also gotta call and schedule a drop off to get the rear quarter fixed, I keep forgetting the guys card at home and of course they are closed when I get home from work... so yeah... I'm dropping the ball. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4191 on: January 05, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

So I get my oil changed on the ride finally.... came out dark as hell! Ride is much smoother (almost lighter) now...

The mechanic suggested I put an engine treatment in for the oil. Any suggestions on which treatment I should use the next time I get my oil changed?

...next up is the front motor mount! I knew this had to be changed a couple of months back so I picked one up at Honda, the spot I go to for the oil change said they would do it for $85, not bad considering I don't have the time or space to do the work anymore.

So my boy is having some technical issues regarding his CM, he will be signing up to the site today hopefully but I'd figure I would throw it out there to see what the problem could be.

Issue: Car running/parked turn steering wheel left/right get an annoying squeaking sound. Car drives fine going straight but the minute you go left/right you get the sound again. He has changed out the upper and lower bushing and will change out the tie rods next. He has literally pulled his suspension out and put it back in to see if they installed wrong. Not sure what the problem could be....any help?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:38:47 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4192 on: January 05, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »

Check power steering fluid. Its more likely a lack of fluid or a bad pump making the noise not something suspension related. Assumptions made on the fact that you implied it only make nosie while running. Assuming there is no noise with the engine off (pump not working) I'd assume its the pump.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4193 on: January 05, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »

Check power steering fluid. Its more likely a lack of fluid or a bad pump making the noise not something suspension related. Assumptions made on the fact that you implied it only make nosie while running. Assuming there is no noise with the engine off (pump not working) I'd assume its the pump.

HMm could be....  Wink makes sense now that I think about it!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:26:37 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 05, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »

What Mike said. As for your additive question, none. Stick with oil.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 05, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »

Modern oil has its own additives billy.  How far or long do you go between oil changes?

Mike, I do the XM cancellation thing every 6 months.  Last time I did it they gave me 6 months for $20.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4196 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »

Modern oil has its own additives billy.  How far or long do you go between oil changes?

Figured that... I normally do every 3 months. I got it changed right before i went on my honeymoon in August and I didn't touch the car for the whole month. So end of Nov. begining of Dec I was due for an oil change but since I don't use the car much but on Thursdays and the weekend I thought I was ok for a little until I could find a shop to change it out cuz it was getting to cold for me to do it.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 05, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »

You shouldn't need extra oil additives.  If you really need to, find an oil that will work towards getting your engine to wear properly.

The best way to find out how your engine is wearing is to have a Used Oil Analysis done by Blackstone Labs.

But to be honest, if you're using a good quality oil and keep up with your OCI, your engine should be fine.

What was your mechanic's reason for recommending an oil additive?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:17:35 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 05, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »

I follow the maintenance minder on my car and its usually about 5,000 miles or so.  With the interval that you're following I wouldn't spend any more money on that.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4199 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »

You shouldn't need extra oil additives.  If you really need to, find an oil that will work towards getting your engine to wear properly.

The best way to find out how your engine is wearing is to have a Used Oil Analysis done by Blackstone Labs.

But to be honest, if you're using a good quality oil and keep up with your OCI, your engine should be fine.

What was your mechanic's reason for recommending an oil additive?

I only use Honda Motor Oil 5W-20... the reason why i asked about the additive is beacause he said my oil was very dark (which it was) and he said of all my upgrades that I should.

...Anyways I won't be adding anything as far as additives, just my normal oil change.

I follow the maintenance minder on my car and its usually about 5,000 miles or so.  With the interval that you're following I wouldn't spend any more money on that.

Yea I never wait for the reminder, I just like to change it out every 3 months to play it safe and because I do get aggressive behind the wheels from time to time...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:34:43 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012