Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881399 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: January 01, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »

Clearance? Revisiting the double din idea? Supposedly, there's someone that's done it.

You have any links to the project?  I hope you're not talking about the guy that took the screen off a double DIN h/u and molded that into the dash, but then buried the rest of the h/u inside the dash.  That was a retarded idea and I kept trying to talk him out of his mistakes.

Its not that guy. I'd have to do some serious digging to find it as I haven't seen any progress in that thread in a minute. As soon as I dig it up, I'll post.

Found it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4171 on: January 01, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »

I saw that. To be honest it looks like crap. It's hard to make it look good.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4172 on: January 01, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »

It's not completely awful, but at the same time it's not completely awesome.  I hate the fact that the volume knob is still on the panel.  I'm also very suspicious of how well the OEM HVAC controls function.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: January 01, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »

Well, I think its better than running with two stereos. I still hate the fact that our aftermarket deck options are so fucking limited. I refuse to lose the cubby. Yes, he probably could've done a better job at making it a bit more OEM but if you look at older installs in older vehicles, this is pretty similar in appearance. Anyway, its a matter of preference.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4174 on: January 01, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »

I just spent $40 @ Honda for the oil, filter and replacement washer for the drain plug. This shop want's to charge me $28  for the work... I was like  Flippa! so I'm looking for another shop. I might just end up doing it in the cold...

How much does Honda charge to do an oil change?

Like $30 but then they also hit you with you need to change this change that and you need one of these! No stealership for me. Nelson went in for an oil change and like $300 later came out lolz...

Cabin filter came in and so did my new headlights! Not changing out till spring though...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »

^Thats why I don't say yes to anything the dealer 'say' I need, it's always a bunch of bullshit lol.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4176 on: January 01, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »

Z, I hear ya.  I'm just not crazy about a non functional knob/button.  At the same time, I'm not sure if the backlight and status lights work for the top row of buttons.  To me, that's not what I would consider a good job.  I don't see the sense of modifying it if it doesn't function like it is supposed to.  That's what I consider a half ass job, which isn't even worth keeping.  I pulled 2 dash pieces out of my car for very reason.

Billy, if you bring your car to a dealership to get an oil change, you pay them for an oil change.  I remember when I brought my car into a Firestone for an alignment, they told me that I needed to flush my coolant and power steering fluid.  I asked them how they determined that I needed to do that.  They said that based on my mileage that it needed to be done soon.  I politely declined, but they still pressed and tried to sell me more shit that I didn't need.  I told them that I just swapped my motor a week before and had already changed my coolant and power steering fluid during he swap.  It shut them the fuck up quickly because they realized I knew they were just trying to milk me for money.  Just because a shop tries to make money off of you, doesn't mean that you just allow them to take advantage of you.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: January 01, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »

I hear that completely. Were it me or you, that center knob wouldn't be there. I'm waiting to hear back for the question you posted.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: January 01, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »

Wow, he put in some serious work...

Z - Lol @  your DA sig "ECM Bouncer"

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: January 01, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »

But of course. Lol

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: January 01, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »

Nelson went in for an oil change and like $300 later came out lolz...

I'm also stupid paranoid when it comes to maintenance. Cause I want it to last to 300k miles. I went in for an oil change and transmission fluid change so i was expecting a $150 bill.  I've had my transmission fluid changed out once every year since I've owned the car.  The power steering fluid in the car was four years old so I believed them there and I know the bushings where cracked from NYC city shitty roads.  Granted I paid premium for with their labor rates but whatever.  My old shop closed down and I haven't been able to find one worth shit in this city.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Daheavyking
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Daheavyking pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »

Gave it an oil change looked at the bill for the satalite radio and punched my pillow.  I didn't want to break my hand .  They raised the price a whole $1.54 mad
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: January 02, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »

Gave it an oil change looked at the bill for the satalite radio and punched my pillow.  I didn't want to break my hand .  They raised the price a whole $1.54 mad
lol..

but seriously, if you call them and threaten to cancel, they'll usually offer you promotions to keep you.

- Mark
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: January 02, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »

Got my car inspected pass after changing out a broken passenger tie rod now in search of a oil pan seal i have a small leak   Embarrassed

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4184 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »

Drove to southern Indiana to drop my block off to ERL Performance to have them machine, sleeve and assemble the short block.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:20:40 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012