Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:17:33 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1881423 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Had an insurance adjuster finally eyeball the deep ass key job on my PS and was quoted to the tune of over $1200 worth of damage. Good times. Time to plan my scratch proof paint job.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »

Changed my tranny oil, it was really bad  Cheesy. New passenger side ball joint and replaced flex pipe.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »

Went to take the spacers off to see if it was a possible culprit of the ever worsening vibration coming from my front end... the jack slipped off (i have no idea how, i made sure the mount point was on the jack right).  It went right up thru my side skirt and dented my 1/4 panel under it.  The straight line of clips for the side skirt now has a kink in it where one of the clips jumps in and up about 1-2 inches... I feel fuckin sick.  I dont understand how I can take the easiest fuckin jobs and royally fuck them up.  I better hit the lottery or get some high payin job so I wont have to think twice about crawlin under my car to get somethin done.  Tonight fuckin sucks, im gonna go get drunk.  Talk to you all tomorrow.

That sucks Ryan. I've had a few of those "oh shit!" kind of moments but nothing that serious. Look at it this way, now you have a reason to buy HFP skirts.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4068 on: November 30, 2011, 11:52:53 PM »

Ryan, it could be worse.  You could bust a few teeth off 6th gear right after you dumped about $1k on a complete fuel system upgrade, having your tranny case repaired, and a few other small upgrades.  Or, you could have your car sitting on jack stands for 5 months and dump another $4k into fixing and powdercoating the tranny, upgrading your cams and valve springs, running all new aftercooler lines, and then have a valve drop and destroy your head and block less than 10 hours (and 10 miles) later.  I haven't driven my car since April, yet I keep spending money on it.

Ohh yeah.  That destruction that I talked about from the valve dropping.  I removed the valve springs and pulled the valves from my old head and removed the damaged piston from the rod.  I modified my k20a2 oil pump to clear my k24a2 block.  I worked on cleaning up the a/c compressor bracket and the water pump and housing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:20 AM »

spend the day trying figure out why i cant get my video from the dock to display  Embarrassed take 2 in the the morning

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »

Ryan, it could be worse.  You could bust a few teeth off 6th gear right after you dumped about $1k on a complete fuel system upgrade, having your tranny case repaired, and a few other small upgrades.  Or, you could have your car sitting on jack stands for 5 months and dump another $4k into fixing and powdercoating the tranny, upgrading your cams and valve springs, running all new aftercooler lines, and then have a valve drop and destroy your head and block less than 10 hours (and 10 miles) later.  I haven't driven my car since April, yet I keep spending money on it.

Well when ya put it that way... lol  Ok fine, you got me beat.

That sucks Ryan. I've had a few of those "oh shit!" kind of moments but nothing that serious. Look at it this way, now you have a reason to buy HFP skirts.

Trust me, thats the first thing I started lookin at. haha.  But the last 3 mounting points that hold the side skirt on are all bent back and away so they wont even clip on.  Oh well, atleast its still holdin on.  I got bigger fish to fry.  I gotta get the Timing belt and shit done, new mounts and prolly Sat I'll change the tranny fluid.  The car has almost 100k on it (40k from me alone) and I dont know the last time it was changed.  Seems like a pretty straight forward job.... lets see how I can fucki this up. lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4072 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »

Looks like you need a little bit of body work there.  Get a quote and see if it's expensive.  See what it will cost you if you claim it on your insurance.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »

Thats what I'm plannin on doin.  I'm gonna call my insurance company on my lunch break and see what they think.  But its holdin on fine, so for right now I have more important mechanical things to take care of then cosmetic.  Then I'll worry about costmetics... who knows, maybe full HFP kit... but if I do that I'm gonna want a new front bumper too because its all chipped up and would look like shit with a new lip on it... its a viscous circle. haha

-Ryan

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 05, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »

Dropped her off this morning to get the Timing belt maintenance done.  First place I called told me they wanted $1300... so I told them to go pound sand.  Then I called the guy I normally take the car too and hes gonna do it for $800 (parts included) AND throw in my XLR8 75a mounts while hes in there.   So I'll take savin $500 as a victory.

Also this weekend, I swapped out the trans fluid, what an easy job!  Seriously, I couldnt believe how easy it was to change. I used Honda fluid and talked to the guy and asked the interval of change, he said 30k miles... that sound low to anyone else?  Regardless, I've put 45k on the car since I got it, I never changed it and I have no idea when the previous owner changed it.  So I changed it, drove it around for 20 minutes, and then changed it again.  What a difference!  The shifter just slides into the gears effortlessly now. Cheesy

-Ryan

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: December 05, 2011, 08:58:23 AM »

I change my transmission fluid  every year and a half.  Which is about 9k-10k miles.  Ryan, you should do a write up about it.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »

Maybe I will.  Dam shoulda thought about it and I coulda done pics of the process.

-Ryan

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4077 on: December 05, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »

I usually change my tranny fluid every 30k.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »

For how easy it was to do, itd be no inconvenience for me for a bit of piece of mind. lol

-Ryan

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: December 05, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »

This weekend I had the car detailed and I did the wiring trick for the fog light switch. Now they turn on with my parking lights.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012